Skip to content

[Known 9585] [iPad] Internal purchases have gone(canceled)

MaxAraderMaxArader Member Posts: 17
edited September 2014 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.3)
iPad mini - iOS 7.1.2
After updating to version 1.3.2053 the internal store offers to buy previously purchased products again.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Hi @MaxArader‌
    I recall seeing something about this in the patch news thread. Have looked through it and attached a link below. There is one reply and (after a different post) confirmation that the reply helped.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/34086/baldurs-gate-enhanced-edition-update-v1-3-2053/p7/#Comment_545386
  • MaxAraderMaxArader Member Posts: 17
    Thank you! Yes, it worked.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Adding this to the Troubleshooting FAQ, under iPad.
  • ElsarioElsario Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2014
    Clicking the "Buy" button doesn't allow me to restore my purchased dlc, I just get the message: "Purchase failed, please try again." I'm using the correct iTunes account, and in-app purchases are enabled.

Update: For anyone else having this problem, quitting the game and rebooting solved it. I had tried this earlier with no success, but waiting for several minutes between reboots did the trick.

Request: it would be really, really nice if the ipad version allowed the export of portraits from the BGEE dlc pack into BG2EE, along with other saved data. If I have to use a convoluted method to do this, I'm better off not bothering with the purchase since said method will also allow me to import a custom portrait, which is free.
    Post edited by Elsario on
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Elsario said:

Clicking the "Buy" button doesn't allow me to restore my purchased dlc, I just get the message: "Purchase failed, please try again." I'm using the correct iTunes account, and in-app purchases are enabled.

Update: For anyone else having this problem, quitting the game and rebooting solved it. I had tried this earlier with no success, but waiting for several minutes between reboots did the trick.

Request: it would be really, really nice if the ipad version allowed the export of portraits from the BGEE dlc pack into BG2EE, along with other saved data. If I have to use a convoluted method to do this, I'm better off not bothering with the purchase since said method will also allow me to import a custom portrait, which is free.

I highly recommend making a feature request for that in the Feature Requests section.
  • hittitehittite Member Posts: 3
    None of this worked for me. I left the game, turned off the iPad, waited a bit, restarted iPad, started game again. I logged into the same account, the only one I've ever had, after clicking the buy button, but I am then asked to confirm that I want to pay $2.99 for the content - which I've already bought before. Since I don't want to pay again, I clicked cancel. Any suggestions?
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    When they ask you tio confirm if you want to pay 2.99, confirm it, and the next message will say "you have already bought this, do you want to download it again?" (or something like that), say yes, and you won't pay anything.
    It has already been confirmed by many people (included me).
    hittite
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    Sorry for the double post, but I need to tag @Dee‌
    In the Troubleshooting FAQ, under iPad you say:
    "...iTunes may ask you for your login information, and then it will display a message saying that you've already purchased the selected content and ask if you want to reactivate it"
    But I think you should specificate that before saying that you've already purchased the selected content and ask if you want to reactivate it, iTunes will tell you twice that you have to pay 2.99 (or whatever).
    The first time before asking your account password, and the secon time after that, asking you to confirm if you want to pay the 2.99. Only after this last confirmation you'll read that you've already purchased... and that you won't be charged for the add-on.
    And this is why people are very confused and why you should bold in the faq the sentence:
    "as long as you're logged into the same iTunes account you used to buy them initially".
    Because only after your last confirmation (when you'll have no way back) you'll be sure they won't charge anything.

I hope I was clear enough.
    hittitehook71
  • hittitehittite Member Posts: 3
    Thank you, Pibaro! That clarified it for me and it worked just as you described. :)
    Pibaro