Skip to content

Notable Fighter-Mages in FR?

FallenAasimonFallenAasimon Member Posts: 29
Could you guys point me to some Fighter/Mages in Forgotten Realms, other then Elminster (sort of) and Storm Silverhand?

Comments

• karnor00karnor00 Member Posts: 680
    I think Storm is a bard rather than a fighter/mage. I really can't think of many fighter/mages.

Catti Brie was a fighter who dual classed to a mage. But then died before we got to see much in the way of magic.

Jarlaxle seems to be a fighter/mage judging from the number of wands he uses, but I can't think of reading him ever actually casting a spell himself.

Other than that, I'm drawing a blank.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Merith Strongbow is an elven fighter mage and a member of the Knights of Myth Drannor.

Elaith Craulnober is often portrayed as a cunning and opportunistic elven rogue with an infamous reputation, although the Forgotten Realms campaign setting presents him as a fighter/wizard.

Also, Liriel Baenre (born Liriel Vandree) was a rogue drow mage, fighter, and former priestess of Lolth who was a noble of House Baenre, the first house of Menzoberranzan.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Yeah, there arent very many high level ones, but in 3.x, the City of Shade has a heap of them; their army grunts are fighter/wizards, and they have epic fighter mages too.