Skip to content

Boba Fett

If you were to create Boba Fett in this game, what race, class, stats and proficiencies would you give him? :)

Comments

• VitorVitor Member Posts: 288
    edited September 2014
    Race: Human
    Class: Thief (Bounty Hunter)
    Alignment: Neutral Evil

Str: 16
    Dex: 17
    Con: 16
    Int: 12
    Wis: 13
    Char: 10

Proficiencies
    **Crossbow: I would focus proficiency in Crossbow. I would even cheat in EE Keeper, and give illegal points for this character in Crossbow, to make him unique. You don't need to start as a Master. But I would start with 2 points. And then, when you gain a new proficiency by levelling, I would edit the save with EE Keeper, and put that point in Crossbow. Estabilish a maximum quantity of points for this cheat... Would it be 5 (Grand Master) or 3 (Master), it's up to you to decide.
    You can even equip illegaly this Crossbow, since I think you can't use this weapon as a Thief. (Or you can even start as a Fighter and quickly Dual to a Rogue, just to have access to more weapons. That would probably be the wisest move, because you don't want to use EE Keeper everytime just to equip your weapons and ammo)

-Use Boots of Speed: This would be your "Jet Pack". Boba Fett is characterized for being very nimble and hard to catch, because of a device that makes him faster.
    -Use a lot of gadgets: Potions, Wands, Scrolls, etc.
    -Be greedy: Do anything for money. Just for money.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Well, if you decide to give him an arcane class, remember: No Disintegrations (in your spellbook that is)

I'd probably agree with the bounty hunter dualed to fighter (or vice versa if you want to use EEKeeper to give him the kit later)
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Obviously bounty hunter, maybe some fighter in there. High roll, especially in the physical, with average mental and lower charisma.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    edited September 2014
    @DreadKhan‌
    EU Boba was a bit friendlier, I guess, and made some friends (Denagar), but he still is willing to kill/capture decent folk for money, so I dunno about neutral. Bad people can have friends too, though he is certainly not "cackling laughter evil".

However, I disagree about charisma. He is popular among employers because he is effective more than anything else.
    meagloth said:

Obviously bounty hunter, maybe some fighter in there. High roll, especially in the physical, with average mental and lower charisma.

Agree about most, but I'd make him above average intelligence. He's quite clever. That is definitely based off the EU and not the movies... his "death scene" was one of the dumbest moves ever lol
  • VitorVitor Member Posts: 288
    edited September 2014
    DreadKhan said:

I would think 15 int is very fair, and at least 13 wis and cha. He's pretty confident, and projects that confidence very well to employers. He could even go as high as 15 or 16 cha imo.

Well, I don't know much of the expanded universe. I'm judging just for the films :)

He don't speak much (lol), but he seems to be a smart guy. I wouldn't imagine more than 12 to inteligence, because clearly he isn't any academic. But he seems... Well, kind of "smart" and isightful. (Wis 13). But he is not any "sage" or philosopher, so I wouldn't put more than that in Wisdom.

About alignment, he really smells some neutrality. But the fact that he compacts with such a sadistic and enslaving merchant as Jabba the Hutt and feels fine about this, makes me think that he could be Neutral Evil. But, again, that is judging just by the films.
  • mrdeluxemrdeluxe Member Posts: 98
    Fantastic ideas. Thanks everyone! I would never consider dualing Fighter to Thief (or vice-versa), but it makes a lot of sense.
    Just created it. Got a great roll in just a couple of tries.

But trying to throw a Bounty Hunter's special trap to Tamesh in FAI, I realized that it's not longer throwable, something that was really cool with the Bounty Hunter. Was this changed in BGEE? Anyone knows why?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727
    edited September 2014
    mrdeluxe said:

But trying to throw a Bounty Hunter's special trap to Tamesh in FAI, I realized that it's not longer throwable, something that was really cool with the Bounty Hunter. Was this changed in BGEE? Anyone knows why?

Yes, in BG:EE Bounty Hunter's special traps are no longer throwable.

It's a deliberate change although in the current, unpatched version of BG2:EE you can throw these special traps :) It remains to be seen whether this is changed in the 1.3 patch for BG2:EE or not.

P.S. A good roll and not power-gamey stat allocation, BTW. And a portrait, of course:)
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    mrdeluxe said:

I don't know why it was changed. Perhaps because the descriptions never said they were throwable, perhaps because of balance reasons. Either way as far as I know they are throwable in BG2EE.
    Ok, thanks! I just hope they don't change it in BG2EE. It's one of the cool things about the Bounty Hunter…
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    They aren't going to change it in BG2EE.