Skip to content

[Bug?] Brielbara is missing

GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
edited September 2013 in Not An Issue
I'm not sure whether or not this is a bug.

Observed behaviour: in my latest run, Brielbara was missing, so she couldn't give me her quest. (Although it turned out that Yago was still there in the Low Lantern, so I got his Book of Curses, but obviously there was no use for it without Brielbara.)

Expected behaviour: Brielbara ought to have been outside the Splurging Sturgeon waiting to give me her quest.

Caveat: I don't recall Brielbara failing to appear in any previous playthrough, but I'm not dead certain. Is there, perhaps, some condition or trigger governing whether or not she should appear? Possibly this time there's some intended reason why she wasn't there, but if so, then that's news to me. Can someone clarify whether she should appear every time or only under certain conditions, please? (So far as I know, she ought to be there every time, but maybe I'm wrong about that.)
Post edited by Aedan on
hittiteCharn_Aim

Comments

• hook71hook71 Member, Developer Posts: 582
    She is only present during the day (between 6.30 and 16.29). Perhaps you visited the area in the evening/at night?
    dam23hittiteCharn_Aim
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    I think I also experienced this issue before. I think I just spawned Brielbara with the console and the quest worked fine.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    @hook71: I passed through the area several times, and certainly that included during daylight ... but I didn't know that she left as early as 16.30, so I wasn't checking for that. So, I've just loaded up an old save, and gone there between those hours ... and there she is! It must have been just bad luck that I never happened to be there at the right time. Thanks, problem solved, no bug!
    hittiteCharn_Aim
  • hittitehittite Member Posts: 3
    Thank you, hook71, I had the same question. And thank you, Gallowglass, for posting your question.
    Charn_Aim
  • BelnickBelnick Member Posts: 16
    this bug been here since 2013? beamdog must not care very much about bg?
    I just encountered it, Brielbara does not exists after you get the book of curses she need, she is not there at any time during daylight