Skip to content

Trouble installing mods

I've seen to have encounter a problem whenever I try to install a mod for BG2EE it goes like this

[C:/Program Files \Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\Data|00783\setup-isra_bg2.exe] Weidu version 23600
Using Language [English]
ERROR: could not match a directory in ./dialog.tlk
ERROR: problem parsing TP file [ISRA_G2/ISRA_BG2.TP2]: Not_found

Fatal ERROR: Not_found

I'm not sure what I've done wrong. I extracted the files into into the correct location with the dialog.tlk and the chitin.key. Is that not correct? Any kind of help would be very appreciated.

Comments

• ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    edited September 2014

I extracted the files into into the correct location with the dialog.tlk and the chitin.key. Is that not correct?

No, considering that dialog.tlk and chitin.key are not supposed to be in the same location that can't be correct.

Did you write that portion of WeiDU log yourself, instead of copy/pasting it ?

I'm asking because there are few anomalies in it and maybe they are just typos or maybe not.

1) there is a vertical bar between Data and 00783 (i.e. it should be Data\00783 instead of Data|00783)
    2) the name of the mod folder should be ISRA_BG2 instead of ISRA_G2

Anyway, setup-isra_bg2.exe, the folder ISRA_BG2 and chitin.key are all supposed to be in

C:/Program Files \Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\Data\00783\

dialog.tlk (assuming the you are playing in English) is supposed to be the one in

C:/Program Files \Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\Data\00783\lang\en_US
    Post edited by Erg on
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    Yes I wrote out the error message. So that was typo I made

I moved the dialog.tlk to the folder you suggested to and the mod was able to be correctly install. I'm not sure how those files got moved around. I don't remember doing it. But I appreciate the help.
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    Erg said:

dialog.tlk (assuming the you are playing in English) is supposed to be the one in

C:/Program Files \Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\Data\00783\lang\en_US

For the record, the Steam version of the game works differently. There is no 00783 folder, the "Lang" folder and chitin.key are in the game's root folder along with Data. That is also where the WEIDU files need to be.

Also, it's not a good idea of having games that use mods installed in either of the Program Files folders. The security features on them can interfere with adding in any extra files after the initial install, preventing the mods from activating in the game. Those games should be installed outside of those folders.

• cognoscentuscognoscentus Member Posts: 65

Yes I wrote out the error message. So that was typo I made

I moved the dialog.tlk to the folder you suggested to and the mod was able to be correctly install. I'm not sure how those files got moved around. I don't remember doing it. But I appreciate the help.

I just found out how to copy/paste from the command prompt.

https://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/windows_dos_copy.mspx?mfr=true

It reads for windows xp, but it worked fine with windows 8.