Skip to content

Questions about Mod Installation

the_sexteinthe_sextein Member Posts: 711
edited September 2014 in BGII:EE Mods
Big picture mod says to install SCS first. SCS says to install Ascension first. So I am confused. I intend to install SCS and Ascension/redemption with BGEE/BG2EE tweak packs.

I want to check out the BP mod in it's entirety at some point but for this run I just want to add ascension and redemption to my game. Do I have to install the BP core before I can install ascension or can I skip everything but ascension/redemption?

What order should I install everything in? The install instruction conflict with one another. Also SCS works for both BGEE and BG2EE in a single install?

EDIT: I decided to mess with it. Looks like you need to install the BP core or you won't get the option to install ascension. According to the readme, Redemption is installed automatically as part of the core. I installed ascension first and then added the fix pack. BG2 fix pack works for both BGEE and BG2EE. Fix pack one is for the non EE edition of BG. I then Installed SCS. Everything seemed to work out so hopefully the content is there and I won't have a buggy play though.
Post edited by the_sextein on

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • the_sexteinthe_sextein Member Posts: 711
    edited September 2014
    I think BWS is geared more towards people who want to install a bunch of mods and don't want to mess with install order. I don't want a mega mod and I have installed Ascension/SCS many times on the non EE version of the game, I just wanted Ascension with SCS and a few tweaks. Since Ascension doesn't work with BG2EE just yet , I needed to use BP but BP and SCS both say they should be installed last. I installed BP first since all I only wanted Ascension/Redemption from it. I think they both say to install last because they both make changes to the AI but I didn't change the AI with BP so I should be good. I hope anyway.