Skip to content

The game crashes when loading a save

Hello everyone,

I'm new in here and english is not my native language (I'm French), I hope my expression will be correct enough.

It was six months since I played to BG:EE, so when I launched it a few hours ago, I decided to download the newest upgrade before playing.
I wanted to make a new start in the game, so after the upgrade was downloaded and I launched the game, I deleted all my ancient saves and started a new game. I played my new game a few time, and at a moment I tried to load one of my saves, but the game crashed. After that, I launched the game again and tried to launch one of my saves, and it crashed again. I tried all of my saves, it crashes everytime. There is no error messages, it sometimes freezes during one or two minutes when I try to load a save, but always ends by the game crashing. I tried a second new game, and it worked, but once again, there is no way to load a save.

I have no idea why it's always crashing like this, but I think it might be related to the upgrade. What should I do ?

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Hi @Brathz‌
    First thing you could try is finding the documents folder for BG:EE and temporarily renaming it to ensure it is not to do with the ini file, portraits folder or save folder. Starting the game at that point should create you a new ini file and game folders. See if that helps.

Thanks
  • BrathzBrathz Member Posts: 5
    Thanks a lot, Gate70, I did it and it worked !
    Well, in fact, it worked only a few times, and now, the game crashes again by clicking on the load button during a game. It does not crashes when loading from the menu. So the solution might be to quit and load everytime I want to load a save...
    This time, the game generated reports about its crashes, but they are .dmp files, I don't know how to read them.
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    attach them here, or upload them to mediafire and link them to here.
    Here they are.
    Here they are (sorry for double post, the files were not loaded when I posted the first).
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    @Brathz‌ still no sign.

You'll need to hold off clicking "Post Comment" until they finish uploading - I've done this a few times, usually when my connection is playing up.