Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Soundtracks for EE?

Did a search, and I can't find any previous threads on this. (I could have sworn I made one before, but I guess not.)

Can we get the new tracks from BG1EE and BG2EE to listen to them outside of the game? I really enjoy the goblin area and menu themes. Sorry if they're in an obvious place. I looked a little. :3

kcwise

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 19,811
    edited October 2014
    It's really not so simple. There're many places to listen to the original soundtrack of the vanilla game but it's hard to find music from EEs.

I've managed to find only this (the first tracks in this video are from the EE):

Also, there's a collection of music from BGEE and IWD here (50+ parts):

Maybe you can find what you need there.

typo_tilly
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,352
    edited October 2014
    Well, one could say we all already have the whole OST lying on our HDD for quite a while.
    All you have to do is install Winamp (plus its .acm plug-in), lay back and enjoy the various songs in your \Data\00766\music\ folder.

typo_tilly
  • typo_tillytypo_tilly Member Posts: 5,702
    Gotcha. :) Yes, that's what I came across too.

JuliusBorisov
    You have to watch an ad to see it (and then try to avoid clicking on other ads), but you can find an Infinity Engine ACM to WAV converter at Sorcerer's Planet.

The same or similar converters seemed to be hosted by modding groups SOLDIER Armories and TeamBG, but the files are sadly no longer online.

... And unfortunately, none of the files are converting properly or at all with the Sorceror's Planet tool. I'll have to go for winamp.

elminsterKamigoroshi
    edited October 2014
    VLC Player will open the .acm files and will also convert them into .mp3.
    I didn't check Winamp, but I trust that works too. :)

... One small problem: some of the tracks are broken up into pieces (so some of the themes are not always the same). I don't have the patience right now to create complete battle themes of them.

EDIT - *sighs* Well, it will convert two tracks. Bugger me. Irritated. :(
    EDIT 2 - A number of tracks can be read: mostly black pits stuff. But a large number can't ("undefined codec"). They must all be saved slightly differently... or some aren't music at all? Maybe the old stuff is slightly different?

CrevsDaak
    edited October 2014
    Oi! :D I've got it! I'm pretty sure. :)

The Bethesda hating Fallout fans at No Mutants Allowed had copies of the acm file converters!

-_- On the downside...
    I think I listened to some romance themes by accident. BLECH! O_O'

Post edited by typo_tilly on
    Sadly, it appears that some of the .acm files are different. Most of the EE music files are different yet not all of them are.

I can convert most BG2EE .acm files and some BG1EE .acm files with the acm to wav program.
    The remaining .acm files need to be converted with VLC along with all converted .wav files. Winff can't convert the .wav to .mp3. And... VLC does not support mass conversion. :/

It would almost be easier to record the music as it plays in-game. I used to have a little device for that, but I don't know where it is or the software I used with it.

BG1EE
    493 ACM files
    4 ACM files that can be converted to WAV with the ACM-to-WAV converter
    489 ACM files that must be (and can all be?) converted to MP3 with VLC
    + 4 WAV files that must be converted to MP3 with VLC

BG2EE
    546 ACM files
    466 ACM files that can be converted to WAV with the ACM-to-WAV converter
    80 ACM files that must be (and can all be?) converted to MP3 with VLC
    + 466 WAV files that must be converted to MP3 with VLC

Uh... I doubt they could just release a digital soundtrack for us? ^_^'

JuliusBorisov