Skip to content

An in-game portrait editor

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
edited October 2014 in Feature Requests
It would be great, I think, if we had an in-game portrait editor, available at the character creation stage, so that you can choose an image file on your drive, open it and then make an appropriate thumbnail that will be used as an "S" portrait for your character - and all this in-game, without leaving it.

It would be good if with this editor we could edit and assign different portraits for "S" and "M" versions as well.

An example of how it can look like is the Romance of The Three Kingdoms XI Face Editor (although it's a separate programming for this game, I would like to have a similar portrait editor for BG built in the game):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIg5ShLJQpU

What are your thoughts?
Post edited by JuliusBorisov on

Comments

• QueenQuinzelQueenQuinzel Member Posts: 44
    I think it's a great idea. Navigating Windows is a lot more backtracky and time-consuming than I feel it would be in an in-game menu. I'd help out with the project, but unless someone wants me to write a description or compose a theme song, there's not much I can do to help.
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    Great idea seconded. Would be good to see some brightness/contrast/color options as well to make imported portraits "fit in" better.
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    That sound an excellent idea, but can it be made and implanted into the game?