Skip to content

Done lots of reading n research but still can't change Imoens portrait, mac, please help!

Hay :-)

I have just purchased BG:EE for the mac from the app store and i want to change Imoens portrait but i just cant seem to get it to work :-s

Heres what I have:-

I have this portrait - http://www.blindmonkey.org/imoen/pictures/art/portraits/AlyssonHannigan-NimoenL.jpg
I changed the name to IMOENL.jpg (also converted to .bmp but that didn't help)
I have placed the jpg in the "override" folder in Contents/Resources in the app folder.
The file is 45k and its size is 210x330 ---- The bmp is in there too and is the same dimensions and 277k and i have tried the game with each file in their on its own just in case of conflict ut no luck.

Anyone have any ideas? :-s

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Try IMOENS and IMOENM too. Just copy the first bump twice and rename them.
  • Zirus_BlackheartZirus_Blackheart Member Posts: 46
    Nope, didn't work :-(
    Wait!

I did it with the jpgs and it didnt work, just done it with the bmps and i now have the black and ? portraits :-)

I'm thinking its gonna be the file size now, either way, getting closer! :-D
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    edited October 2014
    I am not at all familiar with Mac... but have you restarted the game after making the changes with small and medium sized pics?

Also have you tried EEkeeper?

Edit: And yes you need .bmp
    Still stuck at black for the chrs info page, ? for the tab at right hand side n also the load screen, im assuming this is the Small portrait still shows the orriginal portrait.

Dled and tried EEkeeper now Heindrich but it doesn't see my baldurs gate folder, i even set it again in the app but still doesnt work :-/

im on mac and dled the latest, v1.0.2.4
  • KloroxKlorox Member Posts: 894
    This one time, at Candlekeep camp...

That portrait is nice! hawt!
    DONE IT! :-D

I took another look at this page:- http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/273090/#Comment_273090

Namely Viccos post, he said he saved via PC n Paint which i dont have so i tried saving in photoshop as windows bmp 16bit, that didnt work so tried again as windows 24bit and they work! :-D

w00t! :-D
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited October 2014
    @Zirus_Blackheart,

Hay :-)

The file is 45k and its size is 210x330 ---- The bmp is in there too and is the same dimensions and 277k

Anyone have any ideas? :-s

Ensure the BMP files are saved as 24-bit BMP. When I save them, they're ~203KB.

Edit: and Ninja'd. :D