Skip to content

BG2:EE IPAD, can't get Dorn or Neera to appear

Having issues with my BG2:EE i played BG1:EE and had Dorn, Neera and Rasaad throughout the entire game, i then start up BG2:EE ( i DID NOT IMPORT) and upon finding throughout the game/ i find only RASAAD... ALSO the game only registers me having rasaad, and says i need to buy Dorn and Neera... but when i attempt to it says PLEASE TRY AGAIN, FAILURE. i tried doing the redeem button but that doesn't work, i also tried signing out/in my apple account and redoing it, idk what's up, i mean it registers on bg1 having them all, but only picks up Rasaad on BG2 and not Dorn or Neera, and i was looking to complete my all-evil party with Dorn =(

could really use help here

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Yeah they're dlc on mobile. I don't know why it wouldn't work. Make sure your internet connection is working on your iPad.
  • MalusMalus Member Posts: 7
    aye Internet connection is fine.
    I thought as much, though I don't know what else could be wrong. ...maybe restart your iPad?
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @Malus The purchases are separate for BG:EE and BGII:EE. If you bought them in BG:EE, you do have to buy them again in BGII:EE, as they are separate pieces of DLC.
    idk how Rasaad transferred over then... if that's the case then...i'm still having an issue, it won't lemme buy Dorn or neera, or Hexxat... it keeps saying "Failure, Please Try Again"
    maybe i bought Rasaad w/o even realizing it so long ago.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Rasaad isn't DLC; he comes with the base game.
    are you sure? cause he was a DLC in BG1 i remember, Rasaad the monk? and there's an option to buy him and it says "Rasaad: Owned" i mean, it makes no sense why they;d make him unique and put him on sale and display like that if he's just inherently attached to the game already like all the other NPC's
    what's the point then
    Malus said:

are you sure? cause he was a DLC in BG1 i remember, Rasaad the monk? and there's an option to buy him and it says "Rasaad: Owned" i mean, it makes no sense why they;d make him unique and put him on sale and display like that if he's just inherently attached to the game already like all the other NPC's
    what's the point then

Uh, I'm pretty sure the people that made the game probably know what their talking about. And he was already installed, you didn't buy him in bg1. He was listed because he was new with the EE.
    ahh, ok. that makes sense.... but still doesn't answer my previous issue.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    What version of iPad are you using? There's currently a problem with DLC on the iPad 1 for BGII:EE (the 1.3 patch fixed it for BG:EE), so that could be what you're seeing here.
    ah, yes i think i do have the IPad 1, so for BG2:EE i have to re-buy Dorn and Neera and Hexxat, but cannot go about it due to this bug, BG1:EE i never had this problem. is this a common problem for BG2:EE? if so, do i just wait for a patch or is there a solution to fix it?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Just wait for the patch; it's been a long time coming, but there's very little work that's left to be done.