Skip to content

Vampiric wolves in newbie areas?

2»

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Lateralus said:

sarevok57 said:

also another thing to help against the early vampiric wolf is having the girdle of piercing, because at low levels if its going to hit ( which it probably will) it will no doubt paralyze, that belt will give it a -3 penalty to hit, i remember the first time i played bgee when it first came out, i was going down to naskiel and i strayed a bit off the stone path and bam, vampiric wolf and i was like daaaaaaamn, but luckily i had a fighter proficient in axe and he had an axe+1, platemail, and ring of protection+1, and the girdle of piercing and the wolf went down without a hitch, nice little XP boost for a level 1 team i thought :)

Did you notice that the +1 throwing axes sold by Thunderhammer can actually be used as melee axes? I recently stimbled upon this AFTER paying thousands for one from Feldpost! Bearl's Retort sell for like 65 gp and does only a little less damage. Oh and you can't dual wield them. Other than that, a REALLY cheap way to get +1 axes early on.
    Actually since its 1d6+2 (3-8), vs 1d8+1 (2-9), they would actually do on average the same amount of damage. Though as you pointed out you couldn't dual wield with them.