Skip to content

Coran the Wyvern Hunter Quest - Possible bug

I discovered this by accident. In my game, I got ambushed by a pair of Wyverns on my way to the Bandit Camp. I held onto their heads and stopped by the temple next to Beregost to buy some Stone to Flesh scrolls prior to hunting basilisks. I hadn't even entered the Cloakwood yet and was rather surprised when Kelddath gave me the reward and the journal marked Coran's quest complete.

Steps to repeat this possible bug:

1. Create a new game and select Abdel.
2. Give Abdel a Wyvern head - CLUAConsole:CreateItem("Misc52")
3. Move to the Temple area east of Beregost - CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("AR3402")
4. Talk to Kelddath Ormlyr

Actual Behavior:
Kelddath rewards you with 2,000 gold pieces and congratulates you on slaying the beast. Your Journal updates the "Coran the Wyvern Hunter" quest as complete.

Expected Behavior:
Kelddath gives his standard dialog about temple services. Kelddath should only reward you if you bring him a Wyvern head after killing the specific Wyvern that Coran is hunting.

Comments

• FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    edited October 2014
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/540296/#Comment_540296
    I imagine it's the same issue as this, you're just bypassing/skipping Coran in the process.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    I think it is slightly different, that one stops him pestering for quest completion & doesn't allow a reward. This one is because Coran and Keldath allow the use of any old wyvern head (they all look the same?)

Something like BG1 Unfinished Business addresses this in the original game, will see if this has been previously considered.