Skip to content

Account Name, what's your story?

Comments

• immagikmanimmagikman Member Posts: 664
    Been my screen name ever since Illyana first appeared in Uncanny X-Men #145
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    X-Clamp anime, the anime is a bit homo but i liked it anyway, derivated from Kamui.

I used Kamuizin in a lot of places, too, as Warcraft (dota and other custom games mostly), ragnarok, perfect world, garena client and a lot of other places too, so even when kamui is avaliable i stick with kamuizin.
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    @LadyRhian now I almost feel the need to change my name (although I don't use it in D&D settings) as I'd never tolerate fiends in my castle!
  • SirickSirick Member Posts: 92
    Is my Baldur's Gate characters name and became my online alias.
    Simple as.
  • immagikmanimmagikman Member Posts: 664

and I am a former marine (eagle, globe and anchor).

There are no former Marines, Once a Marine always a Marine, Semper Fi ;)
  • DKnightDKnight Member Posts: 307
    DK is my initials for my name. I figured Death Knight sounded cooler as I didnt favor Donkey Kong.
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    @immagikman

Semper fi
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @Dragonspear Part of the module is helping banish them and closing the Gate to Hell/Baator in the basement. Gives new meaning to "This basement looks like Hell!"
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    My first initial, my middle initial, and my last name.
    Simple.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    McH is an abbreviation of a soccer team I loved while being a child ( it just sticked since than ) and 202 stands for the battalion I was in the army
  • AkerhonAkerhon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 614
    It's the name that i have used the first time i played D&D, ~ 12 years ago.
  • ManveruManveru Member Posts: 75
    My real name translated into Quenya (one of Tolkiens elven languages)
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited August 2012
    I created this name when i made my first character for a Lord of The Rings campaign quite some time ago.

In quenyan or another language, i can't exactly remember now, my name has the following meaning.

Morn is something black, dark, moody or sorrowfull.

Magor is the sword, it also means swordsman in another dialect.

My character's first name was Yulor Mornmagor, and Yulor means Bearer.

The name in full was supposed to mean something like "Bearer of the Black sword", although MornMagor by itself means the black swordsman or the dark swordsman. A man of sorrows that mastered the blade, or something.

I was influenced a lot by Berserk.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    My name is from David Edding's Belgariad, plus my initials on the end. Belgarath the Sorcerer is the mentor, wise old man, Obi-Wan type character from the epic.

@Mornmagor, I can't resist pointing out that "Morn" is also the name of the alien sitting at Quark's bar on Deep Space Nine, who never spoke throughout the series. They got the name by switching the first and last letters in "Norm" from Cheers.
  • Yeslick_OrothiarYeslick_Orothiar Member Posts: 2
    Yeslick Orothiar, one of the most underrated NPC's of the BG series...
    And the only good-natured dwarf too, which is a must in a D&D adventure IMO.
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    @belgarathmth lol don't even know the series :D

Damn alien ruining my name! :P
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    Actually, I'm @Space_Hamster 's archenemy...
  • RannRann Member Posts: 168
    Mine's from my favorite PnP Ranger from 30 years ago, Rann Atara, who was himself named from famed Micronaut Arcturus Rann...
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208

My name is from David Edding's Belgariad, plus my initials on the end. Belgarath the Sorcerer is the mentor, wise old man, Obi-Wan type character from the epic.

@Mornmagor, I can't resist pointing out that "Morn" is also the name of the alien sitting at Quark's bar on Deep Space Nine, who never spoke throughout the series. They got the name by switching the first and last letters in "Norm" from Cheers.

lol, now that you mention it, he did kinda resemble norm. And i loved the running joke that the char that never spoke was always mentioned as never shutting up. :)
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited August 2012
    Mine is the name of the first character I created for a BG1 game way back when. I figured why not use it when I posted a question on the original PBG forums. Just stuck with it ever since.
    Post edited by Lemernis on
  • Gun19Gun19 Member Posts: 48
    Always used the pseudonym Gunslinger19 (Dark Tower reference) and now use Gun19 as I've become old and lazy lol
  • that70sgirl7887that70sgirl7887 Member Posts: 18
    I came up with it when I was 12, because I loved That 70's Show. Pretty basic and nothing to do with gaming, it's just the fastest thing I can type which makes logging into accounts really easy.
  • AnOnionAnOnion Member Posts: 30
    I am an onion.
  • colonel_burgercolonel_burger Member Posts: 279
    This nick harkens back to my Starcraft days, when I had 3 tags I used to use that were themed to each race:

- Hive Fleet Spitwad (zerg)

- Praetor Caligula (protoss)

- Colonel Burger (Terrans)

Colonel Burger was the only one that stuck, and it's carried forward, oh yeah!

For the record, I always call my BG toons Mortaron (a play on Montaron, and the latin word for death).
  • ChrisYuiChrisYui Member Posts: 94
    Well, when I first began posting on forums it was for a forum game that was based on Romance of the Three Kingdoms. I was quite young, and I favored one of the characters that was a famous tactical strategist "Zhou Yu." When trying to think up a name, one of my friends just suggested putting an "i" on the end and I was like whatever, alright. Then my character in-game was Zhou Yui. I just kept the name across different platforms, and eventually those who knew my name as Chris started calling me Chris Yui.
  • MaranMaran Member Posts: 42
    Normally, I would use my normal title "Izaran" but since I have used the name "Maran Delsavi" in the first game I actually beat BGI, and BGII with, the grand Archmage Maran is my name of choice. :D In 3.5 games, he is (in the longest game I played) a peerless Moon Elf Archmage. So the name sticks.
  • JolanthusJolanthus Member Posts: 292
    Mornmagor said:

I created this name when i made my first character for a Lord of The Rings campaign quite some time ago.

In quenyan or another language, i can't exactly remember now, my name has the following meaning.

Morn is something black, dark, moody or sorrowfull.

Magor is the sword, it also means swordsman in another dialect.

My character's first name was Yulor Mornmagor, and Yulor means Bearer.

The name in full was supposed to mean something like "Bearer of the Black sword", although MornMagor by itself means the black swordsman or the dark swordsman. A man of sorrows that mastered the blade, or something.

I was influenced a lot by Berserk.

I was seeing all this stuff about a bearer of a black sword and felt you may have been influenced by Elric of Melnibone
  • TetraploidTetraploid Member Posts: 252
    While studying genetics, I came across the term Tetraploid, referrring to something having four sets of chromosomes instead of pairs (as seen in most animals). I liked the world and I has stuck with me as an alias for over five years now!
  • BeerishBeerish Member Posts: 8
    My surname is Beer.
  • colonel_burgercolonel_burger Member Posts: 279
    @beerish If I was gay and we lived in a state that allowed gay marriage, I'd marry you just to get that surname.