Skip to content

No-Reload Games and Bugged Deaths

I'm trying a solo no-reload run on the Insane difficulty from BG1 all the way through ToB with a Berserker who duals into a mage at level 13. On one of my attempts through BG2, my character was brought down to 2 hp while in an enraged state. BG1 rage works properly - you take 15 hp of damage when Rage is done, and you go unconscious if you would have fallen below 15 regardless of whether you are playing on Core Rules or Insane. On BG2 however, you take 30 points of damage when rage ends on the Insane difficulty. Furthermore, if you were at or under 15 hp, that extra damage will straight up kill you - which is what happened to me. There were no enemies around me to finish me off while unconscious.

So my question is, should that count as a death in terms of deciding whether or not to start a fresh game? (This is a strict no-reload run). I shouldn't think so, because I shouldn't have died - a glitch caused a death that would otherwise have not occurred. What do you all think?
Blackraven

Comments

• TheGraveDiggerTheGraveDigger Member Posts: 336
    edited October 2014
    Death cheated you, so you should get one chance to cheat death...

I'd count that "death" as just a bad dream.
  • Bynary_FissionBynary_Fission Member Posts: 202
    edited October 2014
    That's what I'm thinking, too. I'm totally willing to restart for legit deaths, but a death should result from your actions rather than an error on the game's end. Also, I really don't want to go through Chateau Irenicus *again*...
    TheGraveDigger
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    It is your game so you can do as you wish.

It is an unwritten rule that you are allowed to reload if a bug or a glitch ends your game.

I personally think it should be ok once because you were unaware of the consequence but a second time should be considered dead.

In the original, if your rage ended when you were low health, so did your game.

BlackravenGoturalJuliusBorisov