Skip to content

Killed Mulahey in Nashkel Mine which Started Chapter 4?

Hi,

Tried to see if this was a known issue, and couldn't find it so I am sorry if it is known.

I have been playing through BG:EE again and came across an interesting issue. I just finished clearing out the Nashkel Mines ... I Killed Mulahey with a crit, meaning he didn't get a chance to attempt surrender. I grabbed his notes/scrolls and gear from his hideout (personal items and chest). I went back to Nashkel gained the reward as normal, then rested in the inn which triggered Chapter 3, I however slept a second time after changing around my NPCs and rested again at the Inn in Nashkel which surprisingly then triggered Chapter 4! (I received my 2nd CLW the first rest and Slow Poison the second, saw both chapter intros as well)

What is even more odd is that the journal logs for Chapter 3 and Chapter 4 show the same quest 'Important Events' which tell me to go find Tranzig at the Feldepost's Inn in Beregost so I can find out where the bandit camp is that you deal with in Chapter 3 etc ... Also Elminster doesn't even show up near the Jovial Juggler/Thunderhammer Smithy like he normally does.

For now instead of starting over and hoping this doesn't happen again, does anyone know of a CLAUCONSOLE command that would reset the chapter the game thinks it is in so I can revert back to Chapter 3?

Thanks,

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    @ElfMageCalledIt‌
    C:SetGlobal("Chapter","GLOBAL",3)
  • ElfMageCalledItElfMageCalledIt Member Posts: 7
    @Gate70‌ Thank you! This workaround has 'fixed' the issue for now.

With the command I was able to go over to Beregost find Elminster as expected, the child messenger wanting me to go see Officer Vai, found and killed Transzig who opened the bandit camp on my map.

Also rested a handful of times to make a few days go by as a test to see if Chapter 4 would trigger again like it did before and it didn't :)

Thanks,