Skip to content

Powergaming my way through Black Pits

I've never played past the first couple of rounds of the pits.

What do you guys think of this party?

1) Gnome Fighter/Illusionist. First spot can get a familiar, right?

2) Human Inquisitor.

3) Human Berserker 3 > Druid

4) Elf Sorcerer

5) Human Berserker 3 > Cleric

6) Elf Archer

Any advice on proficiencies?
JuliusBorisov

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Not throwing dagger. They don't sell throwing daggers.
    I think.
    That might be bp2. But there was something they don't sell. In one of them.
    I would consider making 1. A illusionist/thief, especially of you plan on going on to bp2. There is one battle where you might need thieves, and backstabbing can be useful.

I would also just take a straight cleric kit. You already have a berserker->Druid, and cleric kits are pretty awesome. I like lathander, but they're all good.

1), regardless of class,
    dart**(put all the rest in here to)
    Short sword**

2)**two-handed sword
    (Is inquisitor the one that can't missile weapon? Whatever)
    **longbow

3) **club, because he's a berserker/Druid
    **sling, obviously (put all the next **'s in sling)

4)he's a sorcerer. Probably Q-staff cause darts are taken and I'm not sure about daggers.

5), regardless of class, mace**
    And I'll just be lazy and say sling, cause I can't remember if fighter/clerics can use bows.

6)xbow man. Cause they awesome. And I think the army scythe is in bp2. No one cares about an archers Melee *. Longsword cause it's not taken yet, I guess.
    JuliusBorisovkcwise
  • KloroxKlorox Member Posts: 894
    Thanks a lot.

I was messing around with creating a party.

Are there any mind flayers? I ask because I did a total powergamer move and dropped INT to 3 when I could to get better stats.

I also rolled my elf archer with a mutha fuggin roll of 98. I've never, ever seen a roll that good.

The real shame is I'm not even going to keep the party. I was just doing a "fast and loose" sample for myself. I wasn't into the Proficiencies I picked or anything.

Another question: will weapons break? I read somewhere they might, but it never happened to me.
    JuliusBorisovkcwise
    As in my proposed IWD party, I'm dropping the Berserker > Druid for an Avenger. The dual class option has really difficult stat requirements.
    kcwise
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Confession: I still haven't tried the Black Pits yet.
    Nimrankcwise
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    @bengoshi‌ You should, it's really fun.
    JuliusBorisovkcwisemeagloth
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Klorox said:

Thanks a lot.

I was messing around with creating a party.

Are there any mind flayers? I ask because I did a total powergamer move and dropped INT to 3 when I could to get better stats.

I also rolled my elf archer with a mutha fuggin roll of 98. I've never, ever seen a roll that good.

The real shame is I'm not even going to keep the party. I was just doing a "fast and loose" sample for myself. I wasn't into the Proficiencies I picked or anything.

Another question: will weapons break? I read somewhere they might, but it never happened to me.

I've never had a weapon break, but I guess I don't play much. I would worry about it, normal weapons aren't that expensive.
    I think there are illithids somewhere in bp2, but I don't remember any specifics.
    Cool. I'm not worried about BP2 just yet. These games will be played on my iPhone 6+, and I'm currently using an android (so I don't think I can transfer saves).