Skip to content

#7190 Keldorn keeps talking

Arkane1982Arkane1982 Member Posts: 8
edited October 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
OK guys... I've seen several users have this issue, but have yet to see a fix. Please let me know what can be done for this asap...

I have Keldorn in my party and he will not shut up! Just keeps talking over and over and over. Tried removing him from my party and going back to get him but no luck.

Let me know what can be done for this.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Arkane1982Arkane1982 Member Posts: 8
    OK... update.

Searched the web and forums for others who had this issue and found this as a potential fix - C:SetGlobal("KeldornComplain","LOCALS",1)

Ran it and then Keldorn has stopped firing off one-liners. However... after I ran it, it re-enabled his personal quest where he wants to visit his family in the Government District. So I thought... OK, I can run thru this again, cause this sub-quest is fairly simple.

However, when I went to his estate and went inside... his family wasn't there. Which is fine.

My only worry now is... since the sub-quest still exists in my quest journal... will he eventually leave my party?

Thoughts?

Would it be possible to use Shadow Keeper to edit this option out? If so, what entry would I edit? Let me know.

Thanks guys!
    OK... yet another update.

So I was right... just went to a big open area and rested several times. Sure enough, Keldorn started complaining again that he hasn't seen his family... etc...

So one of the options was basically letting him go see them and then return to the Radiant Heart when he's done.

Returned to the Radiant Heart and Keldorn is there. But it says that I can't initiate dialog with him.

How to fix this?
    OK... in keeping on trying to get this fixed myself... I'm wondering if I'm making it worse! LoL! So apparently you can do a Ctrl-Q with your mouse pointer hovering over Keldorn to force him into your party. Handy... except when I tried removing him again... in jumped right back into the Keldorn - Family Quest... of course now he's wanting me to go to the Inn at Waukeen's Promenade to confront Sir William of Thorpe. And we all know that he won't be there...

So now what?

Again, sorry if I'm making this more difficult.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    I think our posts overlapped @Arkane1982‌ did the other values work or did you continue with the later scenario in which case the variables might still help.
  • DatGuyDatGuy Member Posts: 14
    after the figt between me and the demilich in the bridge destrict keldorn startet to talk 24/7 seems like he wants to talk to my main charakter but it just wont get triggert. i had the problem bevor http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/33340/minsc-wont-stop-talking#latest with minsk but thx to some guy it worked out that time but y it startet again right after i left the house in the bridge destrikt. would be nice if some one of u could help me with this :D
    here is the broken file right after it occured
    edited October 2014
    Merging threads
    edited October 2014
    Try this @DatGuy‌

The issue is likely to be a result of Keldorn dying, I've set a value to stop him complaining.
    ty