Skip to content

Albert and his Dog Quest - Bugged (On Android?)

wigglesgwigglesg Member Posts: 96
In the area south of Naskel there is a boy who asks you to find his lost dog. Now on two separate playthroughs (though with basically the same character after losing my saves) I have been unable to find Rufie anywhere. Playing the original I remember him following you round after find him and he's a friendly so the only way to kill him if you have his chew toy is to force attack. Despite this I thought maybe I killed him by mistake so on this playthrough I went to tell Albert the bad news but he responded is if Rufie was following on my heels!

Anyone else seen this?

Comments

• PavolPavol Member Posts: 13
    Hi, I was playing last week or so and I also couldn't find him at first, but I ran through the entire area twice, because I knew he's there somewhere and he really was. It only seems I had to go through that place more than once.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    He can be kinda hard to see, but I think he's to the east of Albert. He starts out hostile, but when he gets close enough he turns neutral then follows you. You'll need the chew toy Albert gives you to turn him neutral, though I think he only appears after you talk to Albert.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    wigglesg said:

Anyone else seen this?

I've had difficulty finding him too, I think because he's constantly moving around.

Also, it seems that he doesn't appear on the map until after your dialogue with Albert, so you're likely to find him in a section of the map that you may have already searched.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    He's supposed to be near the top right, very close to the amnian hunting group you can pick a fight with. I'm also pretty sure he shows up regardless of whether or not you've spoken to Albert, albeit as a hostile dire/dread/dastardly/devilish/whatever wolf.
  • GespenstGespenst Member Posts: 31
    This is where I found them at least:

http://i.imgur.com/rz25AlT.jpg

The one on the right is the dog, the one on the left is Albert.
  • wigglesgwigglesg Member Posts: 96
    Thanks for the help. Ill have to look there in my next run through. But the real issue is that I never at least noticed the wolf following me round and after returning to the area I was able to complete the quest plus when the kid left there was only one gate visible where if I remember correctly they had one each in the original..
  • MerinaMerina Member Posts: 303
    Even farther to the north-east according to our notes here. Often he's found among the trees.
  • GespenstGespenst Member Posts: 31
    wigglesg said:

Thanks for the help. Ill have to look there in my next run through. But the real issue is that I never at least noticed the wolf following me round and after returning to the area I was able to complete the quest plus when the kid left there was only one gate visible where if I remember correctly they had one each in the original..

I don't think the dog ever actually followed me. I got close to him with the chew toy and then spoke to the boy and apparently that was enough.
  • wigglesgwigglesg Member Posts: 96
    I thought it was something like that. Anyone else seen that happen? As I said in the original im pretty sure the dog followed you.
  • dreamriderdreamrider Member Posts: 417
    I think it is enough that you have the chew toy in the party, and you pass close enough to the spawn point to activate the hellhound/dread wolf - whether you notice the animal or not.

When the pet starts deep in a grove and you almost immediately pass back out of range he can be overlooked.

If you then went back to the "boy", I believe that the quest conclusion will activate anyway, even if the pet is not within your vision radius.