Skip to content

Cannot enter Merchant League

Aldeth Sashenstar is standing in front of the Merchant League. Every time I'm trying to have a conversation with him, he only says: "Those monsters still live. Put an end to them.". Since a conversation with Aldeth isn't possible, I cannot enter the Merchant League.

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    What led up to this @Twilli‌

Presumably you helped him in Cloakwood. What chapter did you speak to him outside the League, and what reputation / charisma did the talking character have at the time. Did you choose a dialogue option such as "sounds a little out of our league", and you've not been inside at an earlier stage.

It's quite possible to get locked out of this quest based on how it is played, as it isn't plot critical.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Also do a full sweep of the area; what usually causes problems for me is when the druids start getting morale failure and running into the trees.
  • TwilliTwilli Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for your comments. I've found the cause of the bug. In chapter 6 Aldeth would only say "Those monsters still live. Put an end to them.", in chapter 5 however the usual dialog options are presented.
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    I think you shouldn't be in chapter 6 and be able to meet Aldeth Sashenstar.
    When you are in Baldur's Gate, you should be either in chapter 5 or in chapter 7. Aldeth has different dialogs depending on chapter and chapter 6 is not among the possibilities.
    After finishing the Scar quests, I was placed in front of the gates of Candlekeep. I didn't want to enter Candlekeep at this time and traveled back to Baldur's Gate to do some more quests. Since you aren't forced to enter Candlekeep at chapter 6, it is possible to do quests in Baldur's Gate and its surrounding.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    When I tried to reproduce this issue I got the line "I have nothing to say to you...". I was going to reproduce on that basis but there may be two scenarios.

The line you give indicates you have talked to Brandilar and therefore been inside the building, is that the case? & if so, Aldeth should be inside the building and the building should be open.

(although it might not be wise to allow this in chapter 6 as every other line that Aldeth, Brandilar and the likes of Zorl might also need to change to accommodate chapter 6)

Thanks
    edited October 2014
    Aldeth is in front of the building in chapter 6 and there is no way no enter the building. I don't know why we would get different lines, but I could provide a Save Game File for analysis.
    Post edited by Twilli on