Skip to content

Can't Help But Be A Tea-Leaf!

Greetings

So after beating BGEE the 2nd time ever (1st time back in the day, BGTutu with a party), as a Solo Mage/Thief, I have rolled a few different Char's thats not keeping my attention for long enough.

Admittedly the Solo aspect I am really liking at the mo, where I mass XP'd a Sorc(Lvl 10), thought i'd check out Durlag's Tower (first time) and my Sorceress prob needs the toilet so bad after the amount of healing potions she has drunk. (?Traps?) To the point where I can't be bothered to leave the tower and actually do the mines.

So onto my point.... I want to roll a character that's a bit nifty in your face, but I love using Thieves, except, Micro-Management that isn't my Char is an insult to me lol. Resulting in not liking NPC Thieves. (Shar-Teel excluded... that BS though...)...

So any idea's for a Thief build Please lend me some inspiration! :-)

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Greeting to you too :)

If you've liked a mage/thief solo try a cleric/thief multiclass. It's a fun character to play as and will present you divine magic instead of arcane, a good change of spells yet still it will have your favourite thieving abilities. And don't forget about backstabbing with increased STR thanks to cleric's buffs.

Just assign the Open Locks to a key you like.
  • Cal_ElCal_El Member Posts: 56
    I do actually have a Cleric/Thief up and running, but got bored with him... or maybe its my restartitis. He is pretty godly tbh...

Infact I got a Cleric/Mage, and a Fighter/Illusionist up and running, so its a tie up to which toon to carry on with at the mo....

Cleric/Mage (the roll is pretty stupid on this one... he had 4 Charisma, tome took to 5 plus Arg's Cloak.

Fighter/Illusionist(sick rolls again tbh)

I dont think I should make any more as clearly i got some Legendary Bhaal spawns... Like I said the Thief aspect i love, just not sure I really like the concept of a Priest & Thief combo... its a bit odd IMO. Never heard of the God of Thieves unless we playing Elder Scrolls lol
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Cal_El said:

Never heard of the God of Thieves unless we playing Elder Scrolls lol

Mask, Vergadain, maybe Tymora come to my mind suddenly. And of course Cyric.
  • Cal_ElCal_El Member Posts: 56
    Oh yeah Mask for sure. I guess its just my bias then that arcane suits a Thief (Invis/blur + Illusion type) than... Sanctuary?

Even with Mask Domains in IWD2 the Spells were of Arcane.

I think if i continue with my Cleric/Thief ill roll with a smaller party. Just a Tank-Kagain and possibly a Mage -Edwin. Terrible Trio. Maybe even switch Kagain for Dorn