Skip to content

F/M question

FafiqusFafiqus Member Posts: 6
edited September 2014 in New Players (NO SPOILERS!)
Hi there,
After buying my new tablet and hearing that bgee is avaiable for Droids, I instantly went and bought it. Now my most dreadful living experience is upon me. What to play?
I already did a full Bg1 clear back in the old days, but I admit I've never finished Bg2.
I wanted to make a mage archer, so I went with Elven F/M. Now I'm wondering. Does multiclassing in Bg2ee allow me to achieve such a high level of mage to be able to cast highest mage spells? Or will my exp cap stop before getting there in Bg2ee?
Cheers and thanks for any help

Comments

• FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Hi,

Your FM will probably reach the highest level spells in ToB but not in SoA. It's possible to reach them in SoA if you have a small party.
    lolienJuliusBorisov
  • FafiqusFafiqus Member Posts: 6
    And considering Bg2ee, ToB is included?
    So in fact, I'll have no problemes getting to max mage with this kind of multiclass?
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Fafiqus said:

And considering Bg2ee, ToB is included?
    So in fact, I'll have no problemes getting to max mage with this kind of multiclass?

Yes, and no.
    JuliusBorisov
    Depends on what you mean by max mage. You cannot get to max level (31) as a multiclass, but you do get max level spells. Your multiclass max level is F 24/M 20.
    lolienJuliusBorisov
    edited September 2014
    And considering a change to M/T, doesn't the fact that Fighter has the possibility for higher proficiency levels in a weapon, outclass a M/T more?
    Or simply said:
    Is a F/M much more powerful than a M/T in terms of Shortbow archery?
    @Fafiqus‌ "Much" is a bit difficult to quantify but yes, the FM is definitely more powerful. A multiclass can only reach ** though, and not ***** like pure or dual class fighters.
    lolien
    Does that one point more in proficiencies make such a big difference between these combos? Or the difference stems from something other reason ?
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    edited September 2014
    The second star gives +1 THACO, +2 damage and +1/2 attack/round. This is good too, but the F/M, from the fighter half, gains better THACO and further attack/round at high levels. Also gains slightly more hp by level ups.
    FinneousPJAnduinJuliusBorisov
    Ok, thanks for answers all. I'll stick with my HE F/M for a full run (-:
    lolienJuliusBorisov
  • dreamriderdreamrider Member Posts: 417
    Also the Fighter HLAs.
    lolienJuliusBorisovRAM021