Skip to content

Trying To Decide On A Duel Class

2»

Comments

• MerinaMerina Member Posts: 303

Planning to have Dorn - Anomen - Hexxat in party

Anomen can't stand Dorn, so beware! Not even talking about Sir Anomen...

it will be a party of Neutral and Evil NPCs
    For a neutral and evil party, playing a berserker/cleric gives you fewer options. That is because Hexxat is just a thief. And only if you want to reject the best NPC cleric in the game (Viconia) since you are the primary cleric already, you can free up a place in your party for some more fighting power.

male Kensai -> Thief, neutral
    Viconia
    Korgan
    Dorn
    Edwin
    (Jaheira), neutral

as a rather obvious choice has worked amazingly well, except for taking Jaheira with me instead of getting rid of her much earlier. Somehow Viconia took over and romanced me despite Jaheira being present and having started to romance me earlier (the hostage-taking and beyond), ... still Jaheira's Harpers quest continued near the end of SoA, and Jaheira even wanted to follow me to the end fight. The role-playing didn't work well, when I found out she would be stuck in the pocket plane. Killing her was the only option, after the Kensai had become evil anyway and filled the vacant place in the party at the start of ToB.
  • OzzyBotkinsOzzyBotkins Member Posts: 396
    Thank You for your Input Merina. I will definitely put your ideas on my planned play through wish list. Lots of interesting ways to play BG2:EE
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    Swashbucklers are pretty good duelists.
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    Just remember that you need to fulfill the minimum requirements for dual classing.

To go from Berserker to Cleric, you need minimum 15 str and 17 wis.
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    Berserker/Clerics are awesome; I'd say Ranger/Cleric multis are the only bigger holy-magic threat this game has, but that's only due to a hilariously fun bug in the system.