Skip to content

Using Skyrim and Oblivion assets in IE areas

kexikkexik Member Posts: 28
Hi,

I recently managed to make use of the vast amount of Elder Scrolls game's 3D assets, as explained here:

http://havredest.eklablog.fr/importer-des-modeles-3d-d-autres-jeux-a28207615

I would like to use it to create new areas for BG/IWD Mods.
I hope it is ok to use the assets for modding only.

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    If you are using Skyrim or Oblivion assets, then I would imagine this is probably a question better aimed at Bethesda.
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    kexik said:

Hi,

I hope it is ok to use the assets for modding only.

As long as you use the assets only for your own personal use it's OK. But it would against copyright regulations to upload it somewhere for public use.

• TvrtkoSvrdlarTvrtkoSvrdlar Member Posts: 353
    @‌kexik

I highly doubt Bethseda cares about people making mods from their assets.

With that said... yeah, go ahead, show us what you can do! :)
  • jobbyjobby Member Posts: 181
    Some of the areas you've created for IWD2 look incredible! Awesome work, I would suggest that you ask Bethesda about re-using their assets in another game though. I know they support and endorse modding within their own engine but I'm not so sure they would be happy about you using them in other games.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Bethesda doesn't even allow you to use assets from one of their games in another. I really, really doubt they'd allow you to use them to mod a game by a completely different company and publisher.
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    Does the site come in english?
  • kexikkexik Member Posts: 28
    No, but you can use google translate. I also recommend to visit the forum there. Lots of good tutorials, although it is kind of hard to understand all of it.
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    edited October 2014
    scriver said:

Bethesda doesn't even allow you to use assets from one of their games in another. I really, really doubt they'd allow you to use them to mod a game by a completely different company and publisher.

This. There was a mod that allowed you to play Fallout 3 within the New Vegas engine and they were forced to "cease and desist" even though both games were required on someone's system, just like BG1Tutu, in order for it to work. The same was true for playing Morrowind in the Oblivion engine. Bethesda is quite particular about that sort of thing and it would be a mistake to assume they didn't care.