Skip to content

Stuff I did not know: The Black Dragon Gate

Another of those things that I possibly played the game for 15 years without noticing: if you walk through the Black Dragon Gate in northern BG and then exit the map to the left, instead of being taken to the regular BG map screen, you're immediately transported to a closed-off area in the north-east part of the NW BG map where a Flaming Fist enforcer happily says he hasn't seen people in forever since that gate is no longer used.

Maybe it was added in the EE, or maybe I just never noticed.

Comments

• scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Off to Boareskyr we go!
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Aye, had seen the actual area before (probably Ctrl+J'd myself there too), but had no recollection of the transition, or the guard. Good to know I didn't just miss it.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Jalily said:

The Enhanced Edition made it reachable and added a guard so there would be something there besides a couple of empty containers.

The guard is a false flag! New adventure, new adventure
    #thetruthisoutthere #illuminati #iwanttobelieve
  • dreamriderdreamrider Member Posts: 417
    In this area there is a hidden one-way portal to the City of Greyhawk.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    And the direction is Greyhawk to BG. That's why you can't find it.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Jalily said:

The area can be seen in the original NW BG map, but it wasn't accessible because you always arrived from the middle. The Enhanced Edition made it reachable and added a guard so there would be something there besides a couple of empty containers.

He got sent to time out.
    mch202 said:

And a potential start area for a new adventure?

Is his name "Adon"? People who played Vanilla World of WarCraft will get the joke.