Skip to content

Introducing friends to the series

I recently showed one of my buddies Baldur's Gate EE, and he's hooked. Bought it for his tablet the other day. I remember when I first showed him the game and how it worked, his initial reaction was; "Dorn has some serious issues..." Hahaha, anyone else have experiences like this?

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Once I showed the game to a friend who absolutely loved it as well, not because it was a fantasy RPG, but because it had such a "retro" feeling!

Also, I remember DMing a pnp version of Icewind Dale, and the players started arguing with Everard about the importance of Jerrod's stone, much like the original dialogues o.0
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Haha!

*Was shown BG in 2000. *Still hooked like it happened just yesterday
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    bengoshi said:

Haha!

*Was shown BG in 2000. *Still hooked like it happened just yesterday

Indeed! On one hand I see BG as "oldschool" , because of its mechanics and graphics, but on the other hand I can't help but think that it get better over the years.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I got one of my friends to get it on his families iPad, and he got to Nahskel then his little brother deleted it to get back at him for deleting his Pokemon game(though he hadn't; it had moved folders). He never got it back, and he doesn't get to use the iPad much anyway. Maybe now that he can get it on his phone...