Skip to content

Soloing

Simple question: When you solo, do you do all the quests (not including the NPC-specific quests) or are some quests just to damn hard? /J

Comments

• BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    It depends a bit on the class you're playing, but generally I'd say try to do all or as many as possible of them, in the most convenient order. That way you gain as much XP and as many useful trinkets as possible. Your solo character should be much stronger than six party members with each member having only one sixth of your soloist's XP. It's only when you reach the level cap that a party will gradually catch up with you.

A good quest order could be: Circus Tent, Slavers, Arnise Keep, Umar Hills (you can wait with the dragon), Athkatla Thieves, Trademeet, Planar Sphere, Unseeing Eye, Astral Prison, Windspear Hills. I find the last 3-4 (in no particular order) to be the hardest.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    BG1 has 1 quest that is nearly impossible for clerics, the lupine one. The XP cap was pretty low too. I think provided you play cautiously, soloing BG2EE isn't that bad. Your XP will be crazy. Cleric is a challenge, but not undoable.

Consider a FMT, or CT maybe for your first solo, be very cautious about dual classing! It sucks having a low level solo in SoA.
  • dwimmerdwimmer Member Posts: 3
    hello everyone, since this topic is about soloing I have couple of questions. My situation is i have been playing bg2ee solo with a multi class fighter/thief/mage in order to break xp cap I donwloaded "override" and put it into game's dir. Worked perfectly. BUT when I reached demanding lvl for high lvl abilities I can only choose abilities for fighter and thief I can't choose for mage, so my questions are: have I done something wrong? Game doesn't allow you to pick so many high lvl abilities so you can't become overpowered? screen below, my champ, I have like 7 gww, 7 spike traps, greater evansion, critics, assassinations, fu*king everything but I dont have any mage high lvl abilities, any ideas?

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2moctqq&s=8#.VE90QVpxm00
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Have you modded this or amended the game. The triple class tags look... odd.

Are you playing a fully patched version?
    No, I didn't do any modding ot patching to the game. I play it vanilla.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    edited October 2014
    The reason I ask is because your classes all read Fighter/Mage/Thief: and then the level. this was an early bug which was quickly patched after release.

This suggests you are running an unpatched game. You should apply the patches ASAP as this may well solve your issue.

Your character sheet should look like the following with each class individually labelled;

• MrSextonMrSexton Member Posts: 396
    Bob???
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    edited October 2014
    @dwimmer - I think this was a vanilla feature, not a bug. It was present in vanilla ToB, and judging from what you've said it's still present. F/M/T uses the Fighter/Thief HLA table, so no mage spells. You have to download the BG2 Tweak Pack to get triple class exclusive tables: http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?app=downloads&showcat=38

Edit: Oh and btw the tweak pack also features its own xp cap remover. I recommend using that instead.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Let's pretend we didn't see the name of dwimmer's character :)
    edited October 2014
    @decado
    I updated game by patch 1.2.2030 and now my character screen looks like yours nevertheless I still can't choose mages HLA. Just got double promoted warrior and mage and in the ability choosing screen I had available only thief's and warrior's hla.

@Artemius
    thank you, I am going to try it out now

EDIT:
    tried this tweak pack, instalation was ok, no errors etc, I loaded my save before lvling up, I opened the character menu, presed level up aaaaaaaaaaaaaand? still nothing xD only thief's and warrior's hla available. no mage's, look like game doesn't want my champ to be true mage xD. If somebody is curious or want to check it by hisslef i can zip and uploaded the saves.
  • Cr4zyJCr4zyJ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 208
    Atleast those bards will have an easy time ryhming your great deeds to your most epic name... its ok i accidently posted a screenie in the support forum revealing my charname to be KiKi the Crazed about a month ago... whops lol
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    MrSexton said:

Bob???

I thought B.O.B. was a bard with the Rapper kit, but this seems way simpler.
  • Cr4zyJCr4zyJ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 208
    edited October 2014
    Reference to wrong rap group removed...
  • ifupaulineifupauline Member Posts: 405
    Usually I do, Circus Tent, Slavers, Shadow Thieves, Trademeet (easy money easy exp, can get belt of initial barrier and clock of displacement with the gold you saved, druid groove can be soloed by going invisible until the druid challenge.)
    After that I usually solo all the lich with protection scroll -_-, then it really doesn't matter I do windspear and planar sphere in last coze i don't like those dungeons.