Skip to content

XP Cap --- 8,000,000 experience points??? Holy!

Right from the new manual

"A Note on the Experience Cap
In the standard campaign for Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition, no character may attain
more than 8,000,000 experience points. When deciding the level at which to dual-class
your character, be sure to keep in mind the experience cap. It will limit how your
character advances before the end of the game. "

8MXP point sweet.....but not one HLA in sight :(

oh well kits dual and multi-class are really going to benefit from this Cap so it's pretty sweet still ;)

i can get to planning characters now!
kcwise

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited October 2014
    Original IWD let classes get up to level 30 and EE is no different.
    booinyoureyeskcwise
  • CutlassJackCutlassJack Member Posts: 493
    edited October 2014
    From the post in the other thread in case you missed it:

edit: removing Jalily's post since I suspect it may be incorrect now. :P

elminsterGloomfrostkcwise
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    O_o
    kcwise
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Bah, you guys are too fast. I misremembered it.
    elminsterjackjackkcwise
  • GloomfrostGloomfrost Member Posts: 261
    edited October 2014
    @elminster thanks for the update

"The cap is 30 regardless of the class. "

just to clarify are you saying we could do a 29/30 dual class?

i was wondering why 30 was the max level in the manual.
    JuliusBorisovkcwisesemiticgoddess
  • GloomfrostGloomfrost Member Posts: 261
    ok, pretty excited anyways :) ill pipe down till the games out at least i am preloaded :)
    kcwise
  • AlexTAlexT Member Posts: 760
    edited October 2014
    Characters are capped at level 30, exactly as they were was in the original game. The 8 million XP limit is per class, not per character.

Meaning that yes, a level 30/30/30 multi-classed Fighter/Mage/Thief is possible, just like it was in the original game. You would need around 24 million XP for that though, which isn't that easy to reach, even with Heart of Fury mode, unless you're playing solo.
    JuliusBorisovelminsterkcwiseGloomfrost
  • RAM021RAM021 Member Posts: 403
    Unfortunately dual-class was considered (or at least treated) as if it were a single class with a total XP cap of 8million... preventing those 29/30 splits :(
    elminsterkcwiseGloomfrost
  • solomonhumesolomonhume Member Posts: 10
    RAM021 said:

Unfortunately dual-class was considered (or at least treated) as if it were a single class with a total XP cap of 8million... preventing those 29/30 splits :(

I don't know if it is true in earlier version, in current version there is no meaningful experience cap, only a level cap of 30. You can dual at 29 and reach 30 in the second class.
    RAM021
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

RAM021 said:

I don't know if it is true in earlier version, in current version there is no meaningful experience cap, only a level cap of 30. You can dual at 29 and reach 30 in the second class.
    IWDEE was patched back in march. So it no longer has the issue RAM021 was describing.
    JuliusBorisovjoluvsemiticgoddessRAM021
  • RAM021RAM021 Member Posts: 403
    elminster said:

RAM021 said:

IWDEE was patched back in march. So it no longer has the issue RAM021 was describing.
    We verify this is indeed correct.