Skip to content

First review is up at GamePlanet

Here is my review of Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition.

I was luke warm on both of Beamdogs initial EE releases, but Trent the the team have taken their licks and come back swinging.

http://www.gameplanet.co.nz/pc/reviews/g545155e4a817f/Icewind-Dale-Enhanced-Edition-review/

Comments

• PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    Come on!!! We tablet users won't ever use the story mode!!!

Do you really want to know how to make IWDEE easier?
    Play it INSANE for double xp. When\if you are stuck in a fight, switch to core (or easy). But trust me, with double xp you'll find some troubles in the very beginning of the game (maybe) but later you won't really need to lower the difficulty settings.
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    @cryocore‌
    As I've been a beta tester, I can only fully agree with you without making any other statements for a few more hours :)
  • cryocorecryocore Member Posts: 121
    Sed said:

@cryocore‌
    As I've been a beta tester, I can only fully agree with you without making any other statements for a few more hours :)

So, its been a few hours...
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    edited October 2014
    In short, the game is extremely solid, especially compared to how BG:EE was at release, not to mention BG2:EE's current state.
    The engine has undergone some severe polishing, and things like quick loot really comes to its full potential. The flow, the feel and the overall experience is really nice.

Beside that, I had the pleasure of actually seeing how fast bugs were squashed behind the scenes from the initial beta build I played up until the last build before launch. It was awesome work from both the devs and the beta testers, and I really think it shows in the final product!
    Post edited by Sed on
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    It looks like they were able to learn from their mistakes and build off of what they had already accomplished.

I honestly can't wait for adventure y to see what they can come up with on their own.