Skip to content

[Not an Issue] Stutter-Step Hrothgar in Game's Opening Moments

HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
edited October 2014 in IWD:EE Bugs (v1.4.0)
[Windows] Stutter-Step Hrothgar in Game's Opening Moments

1. Start a Game with Any Party
2. Opening Game Dialogue

Observed:
At game start in the Winter's Cradle Tavern, Hrothgar does not start at the doorway of the tavern and take a few moments to walk up to the party as he did in the original IWD. He kind of starts midway in your screen and stutter-steps quickly to your team. His dialogue is almost immediately upon you.

Expected:
The original game gave you a moment to digest that you were in a tavern and someone was approaching you from outside to speak. Hrothgar's movements were smooth.

Notes:
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU X 990 @ 3.47GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
Memory: 12278MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Dual AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series Graphics Card
Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @HaHaCharade:

So I don't see a "stutter-step", but you're correct about Hrothgar starting mid way up the room and pretty much immediately engaging the party.

My question (and please don't take this the wrong way) is what problem does this cause? The first thing in the game that should happen is the Hrothgar conversation. Other than perhaps being able to manage inventory prior to the conversation with Hrothgar (which isn't an issue unless it's your plan to attack him) what are you looking to accomplish in that interum period between game start and Hrothgar introducing himself?

I would ALMOST call this a feature/enhancement since you don't have to wait as long to get started on the game?
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Long starting cutscenes are super annoying, so i would call this as a positive change.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    edited October 2014
    Illydth said:

@HaHaCharade:

So I don't see a "stutter-step", but you're correct about Hrothgar starting mid way up the room and pretty much immediately engaging the party.

My question (and please don't take this the wrong way) is what problem does this cause? The first thing in the game that should happen is the Hrothgar conversation. Other than perhaps being able to manage inventory prior to the conversation with Hrothgar (which isn't an issue unless it's your plan to attack him) what are you looking to accomplish in that interum period between game start and Hrothgar introducing himself?

I would ALMOST call this a feature/enhancement since you don't have to wait as long to get started on the game?

No worries @Illydth I see where you're coming from. I just thought the idea of him coming in from outside like he had heard there was a new party in town at the tavern, made sense. It gave the opening scene more time to set in. It seems like he's right on top of you when game starts like - ITS-ME-HROTHGAR-IMGONNAGETYOU!!!

@Avenger_teambg I see your point :)
This discussion has been closed.