Skip to content

#10442 [All] Generating a new character should not provide the starting gold amount twice

dislancedislance Member Posts: 2
edited November 2014 in IWD:EE Bugs (v1.4.0)
And it is any imported (pre-mades included) or newly created characters who gets the doubles.

Talk about taking an advantage :D
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @dislance‌:

Not sure what you mean. I have a starting party created of 6 thieves, their starting gold was 691...pre-gen starting party seems to come in with ~600. That said this also seems to be random.

I assume they're using 2nd edition rules where each character class gets a random amount of starting gold between certain amounts.

Can you tell me how to reproduce your issue?
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    He means that if you use a pre-made party you start with half gold, by pre-made I assume he means the default party.
  • dislancedislance Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2014
    This happened when I started the game so. However, I can direct you to the videos (play videos that just started) that seems to reproduce the issues.

http://youtu.be/LwMIMXeZI7Q at 34m27s
    http://youtu.be/v3aU_Sm0cjY at 17m9s

the second one seems to be a good example as the original IWD manual states no class can go over 200g for starting gold.

I bought the game at gog.com and am running Windows 7.

And how I found it: through scrolling back to the beginning of the dialogue and saw there were two of each messages of the same amount of gold.

note from the original IWD manual:

Class Starting Gold
    Warrior 50gp-200gp
    Wizard 20gp-50gp
    Rogue 20gp-120gp
    Priest 30gp-180gp
    Multi-class characters use the class that gives them the best amount of gold
    (i.e., a mage/thief starts with 20gp-120gp).

@Franpa‌: Can't reproduce the "starting party comes in with half gold" on my Mac client. My starting party came in with 691 Gold, the pre-gen party came in with 600 Gold. Well within spec.

@dislance‌: So I just checked the party on my iPad and sure enough I started with 1460 Gold.

Party: Dwarven Defender, Cleric/Ranger, Fighter/Cleric, Archer, Mage/Thief, Bard.

What Platform and Party did you produce this with? I have a suspicion.
    With some testing, my Single Class Half-Elf Warrior came in with 240 gold (12 Charisma) while a Dual Class Warrior/Priest came in with 260 Gold (12 Cha).

I'd call there to be something wrong here.

Summoning @Cerevant