Skip to content

Fonts too small & unchangeable (for pop-up tooltips; Mac)

As per title:
Altering font size in menu does not change the tooltip font size which is positively tiny in my Retina screen.
Jairyanna

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    This is a known issue for Retina displays. We're working on a fix.
    elminsterJuliusBorisov
  • YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059
    Thanks for the quick response.
    JuliusBorisov
  • JairyannaJairyanna Member Posts: 209
    @Ygramul‌ I've found that if you zoom in a little the fonts appear larger. I'd prefer to play on the furthest out zoom, but have had to come in a bit because of the font size
    Actually, no: zooming makes no different in tooltip font size. It's always tiny.
  • vnkwerjauvnkwerjau Member Posts: 28
    When fixing this please remember that Windows PCs now have High-DPI screens (actually even higher than what Apple likes to call "Retina") as well, so please do not only fix it on Mac but also on PC. Thanks!
    RAM021
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    @vnkwerjau - do you have a High DPI screen to test this on? If you can confirm the issue & post a screen shot, I'll add it to the report.
    elminster
    Yes, I do own a Dell XPS 15 (Nov 2013) with a 3200*1800 resolution. But I do not even own the game yet, I am just considering to buy it, and whether it will be able to take advantage of my screen will be a relevant factor in that decision. So sorry, right now I can not test whether this issue exists on Windows as well (but most likely it does if it also exists on Mac).
  • JairyannaJairyanna Member Posts: 209
    Ygramul said:

Actually, no: zooming makes no different in tooltip font size. It's always tiny.

It did for me *shrugs*
    @vnkwerjau We did discover an unrelated issue with High DPI mode, but it can be worked around by right-clicking on the icewind.exe, and choose compatibility, disable DPI scaling.
    Cerevant said:

@vnkwerjau We did discover an unrelated issue with High DPI mode, but it can be worked around by right-clicking on the icewind.exe, and choose compatibility, disable DPI scaling.

Any workaround for the Mac?
    @Ygramul if you set your display to non-retina mode the game will work properly.
    Cerevant said:

@Ygramul if you set your display to non-retina mode the game will work properly.

Thanks. Though this does help, it annoyingly requires me to rescale my resolution and mess up all my windows.
    It will be great if you could fix the issue in a future patch so that text size with resolution.
    Cerevant said:

But will it run in High-DPI then, or not?
    Yes - if you use the work-around it works fine.
    RAM021