Skip to content

Dragonlance

Hey, I know that the Dragonlance saga was never an Infinity engine game...

...but wouldn't it be cool if it was.

The negotiations might be impossible, or take forever, but however long it took, at the end, I'd be there to buy it.

(This came to me as I was listening to Alora, and thinking what a great avatar of Tassehof Burrfoot she is.)

Comments

• CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    I'm in.
  • dreamriderdreamrider Member Posts: 417
    Now we just need to get WotC, the authors, Atari, and Beamdog to buy in. Oh, and probably whoever currently holds the IP on several of the Gold Box games from the 80's.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Hm, I wouldn't mind to see a couple of romanceable Draconian NPC's either if such a game would be made. The female Sivaks are especially adorable in that regard.
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    When NWN came out, someone made a Dragonlance mod with aurora toolset, it was only the prologue, but it was amazing!!! I waited for months to see the mod complete, but it never happened.
    I would love anything related to dragonlance with the infinoty engine.
    I can't play Champions of kryyn, Death Knight of Krynn and the Dark Queen of Krynn anymore :(
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    edited September 2014
    There once was a huge, total conversion mod that was in progress, but it was abandoned. :(
    Edit:
    If You're curious, I think it was called "reign of ishtar". No idea if the website is still up.

I do remember in the faq it said:
    "
    Q: Will it be like The Darkest Day?

A: No. Die."

Lol
  • JozignoJozigno Member Posts: 6
    Here is forum and download of The Glory of Istar Demo:
    http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?board=53.0
    Looks delightful for post-BG play. Especially since it is unknown, not heavily reported territory, but I know the DL background pretty well. I assume no Draconians though, except perhaps as a VERY hidden race. Hundreds of years before the Heroes of the Lance, and the events that brought them forth, after all.
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    I loved the Gold Box Dragonlance games. Maybe Gold Box EEs someday?
    edited September 2014
    I think that would be a whole different kettle of wyverns, since the Gold Box series were not in the Infinity Engine. They were in fact older tech than that.

But OK.
    Post edited by dreamrider on
    There was a War of the Lance war game (computer) that was of the same era as the Gold Box games. It was not too bad, given the tech and standards of the day. I've still got it around somewhere, buried in a box that has moved about 6 times, I imagine.
  • Misfit_KotLDMisfit_KotLD Member Posts: 16

Now we just need to get WotC, the authors, Atari, and Beamdog to buy in. Oh, and probably whoever currently holds the IP on several of the Gold Box games from the 80's.

I'd love to see all the old Gold Box games in the Infiniti Engine.
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    if I could play as a kender I would be up for it
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • nbnmarenbnmare Member Posts: 15
    edited November 2014
    mlnevese said:

I would love to see an Infinity-like game for Darksun or Dragonlance...

Dark Sun already has a couple of CRPGs that are similar to the IE games, namely Shattered Lands and Wake of the Ravager. They're a fewer years older than BG1 though, and are really showing their age. But yes, an IE Dark Sun game (perhaps even a remake of one of the older games in the IE) would be very cool, especially if thri-kreen player characters were included.

As for Dragonlance, one of my favorite RPGs of all time is Shadow Sorcerer. It's kind of an RPG version of Battlestar Galactica, with you leading a ragtag band of refugees to a possible safe-haven. Just replace the cylons with chromatic dragons. I haven't played it in years, but IIRC one of its unique features was the ability to have multiple parties of adventurers instead of being stuck with just one.
  • AdsoAdso Member Posts: 122
    edited December 2014
    I would *love* to see an EE/finished Dragonlance: The Glory of Istar
    http://www.forgottenlance.com/games/istar.htm

Maybe that's one of the secret projects at BD/OH?

&

Post edited by Adso on
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    DLTC: Glory of Istar is a Total Conversion mod, and originally planned to be distributed for free. I don't think Beamdog should update/finish it and then sell it.
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    edited December 2014
    me like this thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we really need a game in that world !!!
  • AdsoAdso Member Posts: 122
    I can hear it now " @TrentOster‌, when will 'DLTC: Glory of Istar-EE' be released?" Perhaps this will play out like IWD:EE did (leading up to announce).