Skip to content

[Mod Release] APR on Spec

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited March 2015 in IWD:EE Mods
The user and all related content has been deleted.
Post edited by [Deleted User] on
JuliusBorisovRAM021

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2015
    elminster
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Interesting. I've always thought that Swashies deserved the extra APR, and it does sort of make sense that a spell that can turn you into a Grandmaster would be powerful enough to get you some extra APR as well ;)
    RAM021
  • KerthalKerthal Member Posts: 68
    Hello!

I'm trying to install your mod but I've the following error:

ERROR: Sys_error("SoB/lib/remove_lines.tpa: No such file or directory")

I don't find any directory named SoB. Would it be the problem?
    elminster
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    elminsterKerthalShikao
  • KerthalKerthal Member Posts: 68

Yes. That and my poor cutting-and-pasting skills.

It's fixed now, try the download again.

Thanks a lot, it's installed now :)
    edited March 2015
  • chalnikkalchalnikkal Member Posts: 1
    it does sort of make sense that a spell that can turn you into a Grandmaster would be powerful enough to get you some extra APR as well ;)

Wait, really? I didn't know that had been done yet. Or maybe I had seen that it wasn't functioning properly and didn't realize whether it had been fixed.

In any event, I believe you can 'divorce' prof-based APR increases from level-based APR increases, by:
    1) eliminating all level-based increases from wspatck.2da; and
    2) adding a spell effect increasing APR by .5 to warriors' CLABxx.2da files at levels 7 and 13.

At least, such a spell effect works in my BGT/TobEx install. I haven't tested it in EE but it should be easy enough when I get home.

Is this what you have done here?

(I have been poking around with modifying my android game by dropping .2da files into an override folder. I did a clswpbon.2da mod as you have done here, but found the that this pushed the APR progression for all classes to that originally reserved for warriors. How were you able to, in effect, "back out" the additional APR at 7 and 13 for the non-fighter classes? Or, putting it another way, by using your wspat.2da file (in which no classes receive automatic bonuses at 7 and 13) how did you "add back" the fighter APR bonuses at 7 and 13?)

I'd love to be aboe to accomplish what you have described here with a couple of 2das in my override:

Everyone does.

Warriors:
    - start at 1 apr
    - get + .5 apr at levels 7 and 13
    - get + .5 apr at 2nd pip and again at 5th pip

Non-warriors:
    - start at 1 apr
    - get + .5 apr at 2nd pip

So a 13th-level warrior with GM gets 3 apr, just like you would expect. Basically warriors aren't changed at all. (Their apr differs from vanilla in implementation, but the end result does not differ.)

Non-warriors of any level can get 3/2 apr if they specialize with weapons. So Swashbucklers and mod kits.

Thanks.
    edited February 2015
  • JRHigleyJRHigley Member Posts: 16
    Wow, thanks! I'll give it a shot!
    Travy
    edited February 2015
    Hmm. The CLSWPBON.2da and WSPATCK.2da clearly work, but I'm not sure whether the CLABXXX.2da or D5_NUMAT.SPL isn't being picked up....I suspect the .spl. (Unless this requires a new game, though I doubt it should.)

I'm trying to work through exactly how to get the desired result with just the .2da files: For example, some combination of: 1. adjusting GETS_PROF_APR line of CLSWPBON.2da to give the desired classes additional APR. 2. Adjusting the 1/2/3/4/5 pips lines of WSPATCK.2da, and 3. tweaking both WEAPPROF.2da and PROFSMAX.2da to work around the level 7 and 13 "spells" given by the CLAB files.

I'm still thinking through that one....maybe drop the ZERO_SKILL_THAC0 line of CLSWPBON.2da to 0. Then maybe adjusting WSPATCK.2da giving 1 pip 3/2 APR at level 7+, then maybe giving 2 pips 3/2 APR (-1) at levels 1-6, and 2 (1) at 7-12, and something more for 3 pips, etc.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
    edited February 2015
    This may be a stupid question, but with regard to this,

- Finally, you edit WEAPPROF.2da and PROFSMAX.2da to allow rangers and paladins to reach 3 stars.

How do these files interact? (Which one controls the number of pips allowed? Does one control weapon proficiencies and the other weapon styles?)

Looking at the Swashbuckler, for example, profsmax.2da indicates that for the "Thief" FIRST_LEVEL max number of pips should be 1, and OTHER_LEVELS should also be 1. The swashbuckler, as a Thief Kit, can obviously not only get 2 pips in weapon proficiencies, but 3 pips in two weapon style as well. (This is clearly indicated in weapprof.2da). Turning to the Paladin and Ranger, we see the same thing: profsmax.2da shows 2 and 2 for first level and other levels, but both classes can have 3 pips in two weapon style.

Thanks.
    Travy
  • wolpakwolpak Member Posts: 390
    I think a good method that is a solid compromise and gives other classes a boost is to just have APR based off of proficiency/level for all classes.

Give .5 APR per proficiency point, gained every 3 levels.

Allow
    Mages and Sorcs 1 prof point
    Clerics and Druids 2 prof points
    Thieves and Bards 3 prof points
    Pal, Rang, Barb 4 prof points
    Fighter 5 prof points

PIPs
    1 Mages and Sorcs max out at 1.5 APR at level 3 (with no DW)
    2 Clerics and Druids max out at 2 APR at level 6
    3 Thieves and Bards max out at 2.5 APR at level 9
    4 Paladins, Rangers and Barbarians max out at 3 APR at level 12
    5 Fighters max out at 3.5 APR at level 15