Skip to content

Alaundo's Alehouse I (Part RP, Part OT, Come relax and have fun)

DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
edited September 2012 in Role Playing
Please note this is a continuation of the Alaundo's Alehouse topics which have been around on the Baldur's Gate forums of Gamefaqs since at least 2003.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/75251-baldurs-gate/62294085 Is a link to the most recent alehouse and you will find me as HurrikanEagle on gamefaqs in that topic. So here we go.
Post edited by Tanthalas on
MoomintrollKenjiCrevsDaaklolien

Comments

• DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    *The lights in the alehouse dim, creating a strange ambiance throughout the establishment. The patrons who are present cast their eyes in search for the cause of the darkening. But the candles and torches in the corners quickly regain their former glory. The Alehouse established by the one Alaundo the Great once again glows with warmth and welcoming*

*The current barkeep emerges from the back, draped in a black robe, hood adorned, with hands clasped in front of him*

Welcome, all. And once again, welcome to this humble alehouse. For those of you that are regulars, nothing here needs introduction. For those new wayward travelers making their first stop by, welcome. Here is a quick rundown of the rules we have here.

1. Enjoy yourself.

2. No disrespect to any patron (unless of course, they deserve it, then by all means, fire away)

3. No fighting close to the ancient talismans and artifacts. They are there for your enjoyment, please treat with reverance.

*Points to the wall of seemingly endless trinkets, weapons, armor and clothing of a time long passed by*

Other than that, is my appointed bouncer and security man. Any and all orders issued by him will be followed without question.

And now, without further delay, I present to you the menu of our services...

*With a slight bow, the robed barkeep, gestures towards a stack of menus...*
    lolien
    Interesting things of note about the Alehouse:

In the back corner you have the "Veterans" table. This is a table that started being formed in Alehouse #4 and is where the old regulars hang out. This would include but is not limited to Myself, Longstevo and Latronis.

Directly behind the Veterans table on the two walls that form the corner are stacks of magical swords, katanas and other weapons that were collected by Longstevo and Hurrikaneagle in their many attempts to defend the alehouse

Please note that help in the kitchen has ranged from just the barkeep, to goblins, to kobolds, to undead and back. We respectfully ask that you don't accidently fireball the help but we understand that sometimes mages 'slip'.

Finally the Alehouse is located in a region of similar layout to the friendly arm inn, without all the guards around the perimeter. Raids by dragons, evil wizards and other disrupting folk of ill-repute will sometimes make an appearance. Usually there is a short RP to get rid of them.

So please pull up a stool and order a drink. Come relax at Alaundo's Alehouse 1 or 18 depending on if we're including the count from Gamefaqs.
    lolien
  • odeeodee Member Posts: 87
    Its me , d'Grey .Ahh ... I so tired , need to put up me legs and rest , and some strong dwarven ale . ( Hope this is like an inn not like the alehouse in the link up there ...)maybe later you can show me what you serve .
    lolien
    edited August 2012
    @odee Our entire list of services is already in the topic.

Slides over some dwarven ale for d'Grey

And feel free to crash in a room upstairs if you need to. As for the alehouse I linked. Unfortunately its become rather dead of late as the board can rarely keep more than 1 page of active topics.
    lolien
    Guess I am interrupting you , ahh the impatience of a weary traveller .
    Nice ale tho a bit on the warm side .
    Think I will stay in this out of the way corner nursing the ale , just wanna see who turn up and if there is any interesting things hsppend .
    And Odee I think its more half inn, half alehouse merely because we try to help most people upstairs into a bed before they pass out from the ale.

Drinks some of Hurk's Age Old Reserve Rum
    lolien
  • CCarluNNCCarluNN Member Posts: 200
    *was about to enter the alehouse, only to be obstructed by someone leaving the alehouse*
    lolien
    Hello and welcome @CCarluNN

Pull up a stool and welcome to this fine establishment.
    lolien
  • CCarluNNCCarluNN Member Posts: 200
    Hello. Thanks. A uh, uh, *looks at the list of services* Winter Wine, yes, Winter Wine, please.
    Sorry I just doze off for a while , warm inn , ale make a fellow sleepy . Just woke up due to the small commotion at the entrence . Have you got any grog ... Think I need something stronger .
    Gets out a nice cup of Winter Wine for CCarluNN and then gets d'Grey some of Hurk's Age Old Reserve Rum

Of course we got something stronger. The Aged Reserve is one of our best brews @Odee. And if the @CCarluNN is too cold for you I think we have a shipment of Summer Wine coming in soon. Well assuming the wizard delivers it on time.
    lolien
    Thank you barkeep , this is very good , the aged reserved is as good as you said , remind me of jack ... Umm something I couldn't recall in another life time .
  • rodneyandsteptoerodneyandsteptoe Member Posts: 99
    Good day to you...*looks around at the establishment and glances at the price list*...Whiskey of the Ages, please.
    Serves up a Whiskey of Ages with a smile to @Rodneyandsteptoe

And while you're drinking it if you happen to my flail of ages please let me know.
    lolien
    I'm glad that the Whiskey isn't in bits...*laughs*...*knocks the spirit straight back*...that hit the spot!
    * wonder if this fine establishment provide warm bath , feel grimy and need to wash the dust of the road from me body *
    Any entertainment in this establishment? Other than the courtesans...
    @Odee

We had one, then the dwarves destroyed it when they claimed we were a bunch of elven sympathizers. I don't think we ever rebuilt it but last I heard one of elven mages that was visiting turned one of the dwarves into an elf permanently. The other dwarf I believe has become a wizard slayer as a response to this.
    lolien
    @Rodneyandsteptoe normally we don't allow our kobold dancers out until dinner time unfortunately. Whodda thunk that there were some kobolds that wanted to become a bard troupe.
    lolien
    You didn't want to sign up the 'Alaundo' chanters then? *laughs*
    lolien
    Unfortunately they were still under contract in candlekeep.........until the end of time.
    lolien
    No matter , I just take a dip in the nearby stream , want me to settle the tab first or keep it running , coz I be back .
    you can go ahead and keep it running
    lolien
  • ZafiroZafiro Member Posts: 436
    This is very nice and all, but all the talk about ale, rum and wine, and having actually none in front of you is not helping.
    lolien
    Well @Zafiro go ahead and order something and iether myself or some of our hired help (Goblins, Kobolds or Skeletons depending on who the union allows us to employ).
    lolien
    So, Dragonspear...you been in the fighting game yourself? Notice the big sword there...
    I might have done some fighting in my time
    lolien
    Haven't we all? *looks at the list again* a Thingamabob Rum this time please...
    Slides over a Thingamabob Rum

Aye, but I haven't seen as much combat as my predecessor who was a drow ranger similar to Drizzt. Except he had more of a penchant for katanas than scimitars. Nowadays though I just tend to this old place and protect it in the name of Torm, Tyr and Helm. A strange profession for a paladin but it'll do. The Alehouse needs more than its fair share of protection due to its location.
    lolien