Skip to content

tablet version: party formation/orientation?

The user and all related content has been deleted.
elminsterjackjack

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AlexTAlexT Member Posts: 760
    It works on iOS devices but for some reason not on Android devices.

We'll look into it a bit more.
    jackjack
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    Is this true?????????
    It's wonderful!!!
    Can't wait for iOs IWDEE. I Hope you removed the hot naked girl in HoW intro movie :)
    Frogman
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Frogman
    @subtledoctor‌
    Don't do it.
    Sometimes imagination is better than reality.
    This is one of those situation!
    jackjack
    AlexT said:

A long tap equals a right click on tablets, so long tap + circular motion works for this purpose.

I tried, but I couldn't do that.
    Am I doing it wrong?
    IPad 2 ios 8.x
    jackjackLazarusNine
  • LazarusNineLazarusNine Member Posts: 44
    @AlexT I'm on iOS 8.x on an iPad 4, and this functionality (tap, hold and rotate) does not work for me in BG:EE.
  • schreierschreier Member Posts: 79
    The double clicking works for me on android - what does the right click do (since I've never played the desktop version)?

Semi-unrelated, more most a feature request - would a double check be possible before you attack your own party? I tried to attack a monster, and then looked down and was shooting my own team ... it's hard to be sure what you're clicking on in a large melee
    schreier said:

The double clicking works for me on android - what does the right click do (since I've never played the desktop version)?

Right-clicking on the desktop version performs multiple functions, though in the context of this thread, it allows you to reorient your party to face in the direction of your choosing. For instance, if you have a certain party formation selected (e.g. the one that looks like two parallel lines of three), then you can right click and drag around to spin that formation in a particular direction so that your party leader is the one to face the enemies your facing, etc. On the iPad version, this functionality is not there (and I'm guessing the same is true for the Android version as well). As a result, you're stuck with whatever direction the game decides you should be in when you click on the ground (which is the equivalent of a left-click).
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    I used this functionality a lot when I played bg2 back in the day but honestly I haven't overly missed it on ipad. Sure, it would be handy but I don't think it's a big deal either way.
  • schreierschreier Member Posts: 79
    Similar question - when you have things like "bard controlled" and "thief controlled" scripts - they talk about hitting D or V or other keys to alternate ... is there a way to do that on a tablet?
    PibarojackjackLazarusNine
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251

I doubt it, but really the onus is on those scripts to make themselves tablet-compatible.

Basic UI controls are another thing, though. You can disconnect your keyboard and play this entire game with five mouse interactions:
    1) left-click
    2) left-click-and-drag
    3) double-left-click
    4) right-click
    5) right-click-and-drag

The tablet version has no keyboard, obviously, so those interactions are very important. Yet, only 3 of the 5 are working. @Wowo‌ you personally may not use those two, but many people do and they're even more important given that there's no keyboard acess. I think we're pretty well justified in asking the devs to implement all 5 interactions.

All of this.
    JuliusBorisov
    schreier said:

Similar question - when you have things like "bard controlled" and "thief controlled" scripts - they talk about hitting D or V or other keys to alternate ... is there a way to do that on a tablet?

I have this question as well and I've not yet found a suitable answer. Perhaps I'm missing it?
    jackjack
  • grahamersgrahamers Member Posts: 30
    Ditto on both the orientation and the "D" and "V" commands for my beloved thief script.
    jackjack
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    grahamersjackjackFinneousPJ