Skip to content

Path to Redemption

AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
This is was also inspired by @booinyoureyes and is one of my favorite roleplaying idea's that I created for Icewind Dale, but never finished due to another video game coming out at that time. It focus's on these six character party.

Lance: A NG Half-Elf Fighter/Thief. He is the leader of the party which is shared between him and Lady Isabeau. Lance was abandon by his parents at the young age of ten in a really rough city. Due to this Lance was forced to learn how to steal to survive and fight when he had too. Unlike most of the citizens he didn't grow up to be cold and heartless, but instead as a young adult Lance found that due to his suffering he was able to develop a deep seated compassion for those who were abandon like he was or lost their Parents due to disease or crime in the city. He started an orphanage and was able to provide for the children with his thievery skills stealing from the more wealthy people of the city. This of course angered the local thieves guild who demanded he pay tribute to them or suffer the consequences. Lance knowing that he couldn't fight against a powerful guild accepted said tribute paying as long as they left his orphans alone. The deal was struck and a year passed before anything happen. Lance started to notice that some of the kids would leave his orphanage in order to work for the thieves who would have them do jobs only to take the fall for it. Lance couldn't stand by and do nothing so he struck back against the guild killing the so called recruiters. This is of course led to an huge amount of blow back in which the orphanage was burned down everyone was killed except for Annie his closet friend and Santana the oldest of the orphans. They escaped from the city running north where they eventually met Lady Isabeau and Sir Chrom on their way to icewind dale answering the call for help. Lance seeking a chance to redeem himself at his failed endeavor of the orphanage. Lance is very compassionate, he won't stand by and let an innocent person suffer. Lance worse trait is that he constantly berates himself for the most minor of mistakes never letting go of the fact he caused so much innocent death.

Annie: A NE Human Fighter(Possibly a Berserker). She is Lance oldest and closest friend as they grew up on the streets together. Due to that he has an unwaveringly trust for her. He is blinded to the fact that she is rather cold hearted and selfish. Although Annie will never admit it, but she is constantly trying to control everything that Lance does. To her Lance and herself is all that matters and everything else can just rot away. She'll do anything and everything to make sure that Lance is under her thumb even if he doesn't even realize he is. She was against the whole orphanage plan in the beginning and secretly plotted behind the shadows to destroy the orphanage. For a big sack of gold she introduced some of the more greedy kids to the thief guild knowing full well they would ether be arrested or killed. She then used her charms to rile up Lance into foolishly attacking the thieves guild instead of talking with them. It was also Annie's idea to run north where they wouldn't be able to interfere in any of the thieves guilds business. Annie sole agenda in Icewind Dale is to insure that no one steals Lance from under her thumb and to make sure that the only two people that survive is herself and Lance. Annie's best trait is her Charisma she is able to weave and entrance people with her words. Annie's worst trait is her selfishness.

Santana: A CN Human Necromancer. Santana was the first and oldest of the orphans that Lance took in. She had an talent for magical things so Lance hired a magical tutor for her. She was able to quickly pick up the magic as if she was born for this kind of profession. Unfortunately she was there at the orphanage when the guild attack she was witnessed to some very horrible things that left her quiet unstable in the head. She was nearly burned alive, but was saved due Lance's quick thinking. Because of this she now has some odd obsession with death. She acts like a little kid even though she is in her late teens. She plays around with most of the party except for Annie who she said did something very bad, but she can't remember what. Lance is very protective of her and if anyone threatens her he is the first one to stand up and do something about it. Santana's best trait is her playfulness as its always brightening the mood. Her worst trait is that her behavior can be rather unpredictable at times.

Lady Isabeau: A LG Human Caviler. Isabeau is the second leader of the party making the decisions alongside Lance. She is a fresh Paladin from her order who is ready to make the land a much better place. After meeting Lance and the others at an inn and hearing Lance's tragic story. She is determine to help Lance redeem himself. She sometimes rubs Lance the wrong way saying the reason why he failed was he broke the law by stealing, though they get along pretty well due to each others compassionate nature. She is somewhat suspicious of Annie, but due to her inexperience she can't see past the Persona that Annie puts up. She is perplexed at what to do with Santana and mostly leaves her be. She is very eager to get to Icewind Dale and save the day. Isabeau best trait is her courage and honesty. Her worst trait is her naivety that can sometimes cloud her judgment

Sir Chrom: A LG Half-Elf Cleric/Mage. Chrom is a cousin to Isabeau. Another member of the same order as Isabeau. He was order by his father, Isabeau's uncle to keep an eye on Isabeau. He is the silent type who he believes that his actions will prove his worth. He feels sorry to hear Lance's past and believes that Lance's path of redemption is going to be a long and hard one. He is very suspicious of Annie and has a deep seated feeling inside his gut that she will eventually be a problem that he might have to deal with. He can only pity Santana as he hasn't been blessed enough by his god to heal her mind. Chrom best trait is his loyalty to his friends. His worst trait is his shyness.

Tamar: A TN Human Avenger. Tamar is a druid on a mission. She has been sent by his order to investigate the strange happenings going on in the dale. She meets the party when they happen to be lost and believe that it would be wiser and safer to travel together. Tamar tries to explain that Lance failed because overall human civilization is wrong and is just harmful to everything around it in which Lance disagrees choosing to believe that humans are inherently good. She oddly approves of Annie being in the group as it brings the group balance. Tamar can't help but pity Santana. Tamar and Isabeau don't get along, but they suffer each others company because they both believe they can help achieve each others goals. Tamar doesn't agree with Chrom, but they have deep respect for each other for firmly sticking to their faiths. Tamar's best trait is her confidence in his abilities. Tamar's worst trait is her lack of accepting culture.

I can't wait to try this with IDEE. I apologize for it being so long winded.
Post edited by Alexisisinneed on
booinyoureyesrufus_hobartStarflower2525jackjackelminsterlunarJuliusBorisovNimranBelgarathMTHlolien

Comments

• booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    I can't wait to see how the Annie vs Isabeau dynamic works out. Santana seems like a very interesting character, kinda reminds me of River Tam from Firefly. Looking good Alexis!
    JuliusBorisovNimranlolien
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470

It is so good to know that I have been able to inspire you all by charging blindly on!

I will be the last! And you will go first!
    booinyoureyesJuliusBorisovNimranlolien

I can't wait to see how the Annie vs Isabeau dynamic works out. Santana seems like a very interesting character, kinda reminds me of River Tam from Firefly. Looking good Alexis!

I know it will be very intense as Isabeau begins to catch on...Or you know what will Lance do when he learns that Annie is to blame for his failure.
    I'm sorry, but I never got far into Firefly so I don't get your reference.
    booinyoureyesJuliusBorisovNimranlolien
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Beautiful start. A few spelling and punctuation errors, but they're not so significant that they make the story confusing. I love the concept of conflicting alignments causing problems later within the group. All in all, it's a story to keep an eye on. By all means, keep it up.
    booinyoureyesJuliusBorisovlolien
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Yay! This is the first IWD:EE novelization run I've seen posted. I look forward to following yours, and I hope more people join in on posting their own runs with characters and storytelling.
    booinyoureyesJuliusBorisov
    Nimran said:

Beautiful start. A few spelling and punctuation errors, but they're not so significant that they make the story confusing. I love the concept of conflicting alignments causing problems later within the group. All in all, it's a story to keep an eye on. By all means, keep it up.

I'm sorry about those errors. I tried to proofread it before I post it, but I can't catch all them. But hopefully I will improve as the story goes on.

Yay! This is the first IWD:EE novelization run I've seen posted. I look forward to following yours, and I hope more people join in on posting their own runs with characters and storytelling.

Wow, I'm the first? I didn't know that.
    Nimran
    After pillaging the upstairs of the shop, Annie and Lance return downstairs unsuspectingly. A few moments later the group had finished their shopping and left the shop. The group decided on exploring the small village a bit. Taking a short walk from the shop the group happen to stumble upon a fisherman who seemed to be muttering to himself. Isabeau approached the man worried about the man's well being and asked him what was the problem. The Man began to explain that he was having some strange dreams with a strange creature singing a song to him. Although no one in the group knew what would cause such kind of dreams the group still wanted to look into it. With not much to go on the group decided to continue on exploring the village. They stumbled upon a man who had locked himself out of his shop saying that a demonic canine was inside.

"The man called the creature a demonic canine, but I doubt there's an actual hell hound in there." Sir Chrom said as he stared at the panic man.
    "It's more likely a wild dog or wolf that mistakenly got itself stuck inside the man's house." Tamar reasoned.
    "We won't be able to get in there unless, Lance's picks the lock." Annie pipe in reminding the group that the man had broke his key in the keyhole.
    "It's seems you've finally got a chance to better the world with your talents." Isabeau said smiling at Lance before she walked off towards the door.
    "Yeah, I've got this." Lance said pulling out his lock picking tools.
    "Lance are we going to kill the puppy?" Santana asked stopping him in his tracks.
    "Tana it's probably not a puppy." Lance answered with a reassuring smile.
    "You should let me pet the puppy." Santana said firmly.
    "What?" Lance asked a bit put off by her statement.
    "I want to pet the puppy." Santana answered and Lance let out a sigh.
    "No I don't think so." Lance said and Santana let out a whining sound.
    "You could get hurt if you don't take things seriously." Chrom said and Santana looked at him angry.
    "I am taking this seriously! Lance just wants to pet the puppy all by himself!" Santana shouted stomping her right foot turning around to look away from the group. Lance let out a sigh not knowing what to do.
    "Don't worry you guys help the man out. I'll watch her." Chrom said after a few moments of silence.
    "Thanks." Lance said before he turned and headed back to the lock door.

A quick few moments later Lance had the door picked. Pulling his bow from his shoulder and notching an arrow he stepped back allowing Annie to pull open the door. Lance led the four of them into the shop. What they found was a scared trapped wolf. Tamar tried to talk to it to calm it down. It wouldn't listen. Tamar felt like it was starving. In the next few moments it launched at Tamar, but Lance was quick to put an arrow into it's side. Tamar was the quick to put the poor creature out of it's misery with her club.
    As Tamar informed Isabeau about a few things about the wolf mostly just speculations. Annie pulled Lance to the side to discuss a few things.

"Lance, I have an idea." Annie whispered to him.
    "What?" Lance answered quietly back.
    "I'll distract the other two with that wolf, while you look around for anything valuable for us." Annie explained and Lance was a put off a bit by her idea.
    "No way this is just a fisherman shop. What could actually be useful to us?" Lance said disagreeing with her plan.
    "He has to make some kind of profit. So let's take his before he takes ours." Annie said in a firm voice.
    "He's a fisherman! He's poorer than us! I doubt he could hurt us when he couldn't get rid of the wolf!" Lance said raising his voice a little.
    "I instinctively remember you saying something similar about that guild back home." Annie calmly reminded him.
    "This is different. I won't ever let that happen again." Lance said firmly.
    "Not if you continue to act in this naive way." Annie responded back in her own firm tone.
    "Are you two okay?" Isabeau asked startling the two of them from their discussions.
    "Everything is fine." Annie answered smiling at Isabeau.
    "Right, Lance?" Annie asked and Lance quickly nodded his head in agreement.
    "Are you sure?" Isabeau asked as she looked curiously at Lance.
    "He was upset that he had to shoot at the poor wolf." Annie explained putting a comforting hand on Lance's shoulder.
    "Lance is such a gentle person things like this get to him." Annie continued to explain and Lance wondered if Annie was mocking him. But he thought against that believing his closest friend would never do something like that.
    "Don't worry Lance, the gods smile upon people of your nature and I assure you that they will continue to bless you on your path of redemption." Isabeau explained with a reassuring smile.
    "We should probably get back to Tana. I'm worried." Lance said turning away from the two of them.
    "I bet she will call you a puppy killer." Annie joked laughing a bit.
    "I don't think that's funny." Isabeau remarked as she watched Lance let out a sigh.

(A little bit more. I wanted to do more, but it's getting late for me. Though feel free to tell me what you thank so far and always I apologize for my poor writing.)
    NonnahswriterNimranStarflower2525JuliusBorisov
    The four adventures left the shop and was received by a very grateful shop keeper. He showed the party his gratitude by giving Lance a schrimshander dagger. Saying their farewells Lance and the party continued to explore the village. They followed a path down to the lake in which they stumbled upon an elven creature who somewhat seemed out of place on land. Cautiously Lance approached the elven creature and when he did it seemed to sing a song to him. Upon hearing the song it somehow reminded Lance of Jhonen the fisherman who was suffering from strange dreams. Upon mentioning Jhonen to the elven creature the creature began to tell a tale about how she was a sea elf who had fallen in love with one of his ancestor who had killed a drake ages ago and she wanted to return the hero's sword which had fallen with the drake. Lance accept the the broken sword. As he studied the sword the others started to move on without him.

"Santana, aren't you going to wait for Lance?" Isabeau asked she stared back at Lance and Annie who was trailing behind a bit.
    "I'm not waiting for Mr. Puppy Killer." Santana answered sticking her tongue out at Lance's backside.
    "I'm not sure he enjoys that nickname, Santana." Isabeau said with a frown on her beautiful face.
    "Then he shouldn't kill puppies, right Tamar?" Santana said referring to the druid who seemed to rather enjoy her company.
    "Yup, killing puppies is bad." Tamar said agreeing with the young mage.
    "Mmm." Isabeau muttered with a puzzled expresion as she stared back at Annie and Lance who seemed to be whispering to each other again. To Isabeau it seemed like they always seemed to be whispering to each other.

"So is this what you've been reverted to? Just a delivery boy?" Annie asked as Lance put the broken weapon into his pack.
    "It's better than being a thief." Lance retorted as he closed up his pack strapping it back on.
    "Do you really believe that?" Annie whispered harshly and Lance let out a sigh.
    "Annie what is wrong with you? Will you please back up my decisions for once." Lance responded and Annie was shocked at his statement.
    "I'm sorry, Lance. I'm really am." Annie apologize sincerity in her voice.
    "I'm just really worried about you that's all." Annie explained. "You've all that I got left. Your the only thing I have, Lance." Annie went on to explain and Lance placed a hand on her shoulder.
    "It's okay. You know there's nothing you can do that I won't forgive. We've been through so much together nothing can separate our friendship." Lance said and Annie smiled nodding her head in agreement.
    "Now lets go deliver that broken sword." Annie said winking at Lance before she walked off.

Lance and Annie soon caught up with the rest of the party. Together the party returned to the fisherman Jhonen and explained to him why the elven creature was speaking to him in his dreams. Lance returned the sword to the fisherman who was eager to accept the broken sword. With the sword given to Jhonen the party decided to return to the sea elf to inform her about the task that they were able to accomplished. Upon returning to the sea elf and informing her of their success the Sea elf thanked Lance and gave him a Pearl.

"Look, she was nice enough to give us a pearl." Lance said with a smile showing the pearl to the party.
    "Thats worth an hundred gold pieces." Annie said as a matter of fact.
    "A good deed is it's own reward." Isabeau said and Sir Chrom seemed to agree with her.
    "It's shiny!" Santana pipped in as she stared at it.
    "How is it made? Does dead things make it?" Santana asked quite curious about the piece of jewel.
    "No silly girl, clams make it I think." Tamar answered and Santana gave her a pout.
    "So, what should we do now?" Lance asked the party.
    "Let's go visit that Hrothgar gentleman." Chrom suggested.
    "Seems like a good idea to me." Lance said passing the Pearl to Annie.
    "I agree too." Isabeau remarked.

With the majority of the party wanting to visit Hrothgar the party head to the man's house. Upon entering inside the house they were warmly greeted by the aged adventure who explained to them he was putting together an expedition to travel to the small village of Kuldahar who had requested aid. Both Lady Isabeau and Sir Chrom was very passionate about joining the expedition. Tamar mention that there was a great druid that lived in that town, but she didn't personally know him or her. Lance felt as if he should go too. Annie only remained silent. Hrothgar went on to explain that a certain merchant caravan was late and that he was quite worried about it. He asked the party if they would searched for it to see where it could have gone off too. The party agreed to search for the caravan. Hrothgar began to explain where he thought the caravan to be with Isabeau and Chrom. Santana was warming herself along by the fire while Tamar seemed to be telling her a story. Lance stared at Santana off to the side when Annie approached him.

"What's wrong, Lance?" Annie asked and Lance let out a sigh.
    "I'm worried about Tana." Lance answered and Annie looked at Santana.
    "Why?" Annie asked.
    "This could be dangerous, I'm just worried about how she will fare." Lance explained.
    "She's different. She's not like herself and I don't know what to do, Annie." Lance continue to explain letting out another frustrated sigh.
    "It's fine, Lance. You taught her how to use those darts and she has her magic." Annie explained trying to reassure her friend.
    "You'll help me look after her right?" Lance asked and Annie nodded her head yes.
    "Of course just like I did back home. But I think we should go over to the others and listen to the planning. That's more important right now." Annie answered along with her charming smile.
    "Thank you." Lance said feeling a bit more better about the whole situation

With a map in hand the party left Hrothgar's house to begin their search for the missing caravan. Upon nearing the bridge that led out of town, they stumbled upon a boy calling for help. Lance was the first one to respond running up to the boy. The boy didn't seemed to be hurt, but just frighten. He explained to the party that a small group of goblins had stumbled upon him fishing and stole his fishes. The party agreed that they would find the goblins kill them and bring the boys fishes back to him.

The party picked up the pace and moved farther down the trail. Very shortly later the party found the group of goblins. The goblins were unaware of the party. There was a small hillside that separated the goblins from the adventures. Lance signaled for Tamar and Santana to stand back. He then signaled for Isabeau and Annie to descend down the hill while he would open fire on the goblins with his bow. Annie and Isabeau begun to descend the hill while Lance aimed an arrow at an unsuspecting goblin. He let the arrow fly hitting the goblin in the back of it's right shoulder. It shrieked and fell forward as Lance notched another arrow and letting it fly to hit the surprised goblin to assure that it was dead.
    Four goblins shrieked and started to charge up the hill. Two with bows started to fire at Lance, but they were at a poor position and completely missed their target. Lance returned fire missing his third shot but scoring a killing hit with his forth. The last goblin lost his stomach for the fight and started to run only to be shot dead by Lance. Lance looked at Chrom who motion for him to lead the way down the hill.
    Isabeau was the first one to meet the charge of the goblins swinging her two handed sword at the closet goblin. The creature tried to raise his axe in defense, but it angle was wrong and the paladin's sword cut off the poor creature's hand. Without flinching she cut down the goblin with a swing of her sword. To the left of Isabeau, Annie met the next goblin swinging her war hammer before the goblin could even raise it's axe and Annie's hammer crushed the goblin's skull. Annie turned to the next goblin swinging her warhammer to knock it's axe arm out wide and with her other hand her blade plunged into it's open chest. The last goblin panic and threw it's axe awkwardly at Isabeau. Isabeau attempted to block the axe, but its path of flight was so unpredictable that it clipped her left shoulder slightly
    "Oh you filthy creature!" Isabeau shouted as she pushed through the pain in her shoulder to cover the remaining step in between her and the goblin to slash opened it's gut killing the monster.
    "Is everyone alright?" Lance asked as the battle seemed to be over.
    "Isabeau you're hurt!" Chrom shouted as he moved past Lance to Isabeau to check out her wound.
    "It barely even hurts." Isabeau said and Chrom frowned at the wounds.
    "You just stand there and let me heal you, cousin." Chrom said with authority and Isabeau listened to him.
    "I think I've found his fish." Annie pipped in as she picked up an half eaten fish.
    "And some gold..." Annie said as she handed the fish to Lance who sighed and took it.

(Here's more, tell me your thoughts. The next part should be interesting since there heading to the orc cave. As always I apologize for my poor writing.)
    Starflower2525JuliusBorisov
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Here, have a fish. :D
    RAM021JuliusBorisovlolien
    Nimran said:

Here, have a fish. :D

That's Annie the team player.

RAM021NimranStarflower2525JuliusBorisov
    After returning the fish to the boy who thanked the party the group finished heading out of Easthaven in search of the missing caravan. Following the map that Hrothgar gave them they found the trail where the caravan was supposed to be traveling. On the trail they found that the caravan had run into some kind of trouble and that the caravan was diverted from their original destination. Signs from the scene pointed to the most possible reality in which the caravan was attacked and the goods stolen. The group discovered a new trail in which the stolen goods were most likely taken too.

The trail led to a cave where a few wagons lying outside the opening. The group had finally found the caravan, but it seemed like the original owners were no where to be seen as a single orc seemed to be looking through remaining goods in the wagon. Lance looking at the others before pulling an arrow out of his quiver. Silently he notched the arrow taking aim at the alone orc. He fired the arrow hitting the orc in the back. It grunted for a moment before falling face forward off the wagon.
    "It's as we all expected, the caravan was attacked." Lance said as he moved closer to the dead orc.
    "How unfortunate for them." Annie said as she stared at the mostly empty wagons.
    "Looks like they were robbed by a band of orcs." Chrom stated.
    "Probably about a dozen or so orcs and maybe something larger." Tamar said as she was studying the foot prints in the snow.
    "How can you tell. They all look the same to me." Santana said as she bent down near Tamar with a curious look on her face.
    "Filthy vile creatures all of them. We should show them our righteous fury." Isabeau said with an angry tone.
    "I agree, there could also be survivors in there." Lance said as he stared at the entrance of the cave.
    "I doubt that." Tamar said quietly.
    "Are we serious about going in there?" Annie asked.
    "We can't just leave this alone we have a job to do." Lance answered.
    "I really don't think this is a good idea." Annie said and Lance ignored her readying another before heading toward the cave.
    "I'm right behind you." Isabeau said as she drew forth her blade.
    "Stay close to me, Santana." Tamar said as she followed the two with an eager Santana by her side. Chrom gave Annie a smile before following the two girls.
    "By the nine hells." Annie muttered taking up the rear.

As Lance and Isabeau entered into the large cave they noticed a trio of unwary sentries. Lance aimed for the closest one hitting it in it's back. It fell forward startling the other two orcs. Isabeau quickly charged the closest orc who fumbled with ax trying to ready himself for Isabeau's attack, but the stupid creature was too slow and Isabeau easily cut it down. The third orc had notched an arrow in it's bow ready to fire at Isabeau, but a stone hit him in the side of it's ugly head dazing it for a few moments. Long enough for an arrow from Lance and another bullet from Tamar to put the ugly creature down.
    "Let's move!" Lance said signaling for the party to hurry it along.
    The cave entrance led to a tunnel that Lance and Isabeau quickly went into first. They moved at such a quick speed that they nearly bumped into two orcs who were utterly surprised at seeing them. Lance taking the initiative dropped his bow and in the same motion pulled his dagger out from his belt. With his free hand he grabbed onto the orc's tunic pulling it closer enabling him to plunge his dagger into the creature's chest. He pulled out his dagger kicking the dying orc back away from him. The second orc had ready his ax preparing itself to launch an attack, but a lucky dart hit one of his eyes. The wounded orc backed away letting out a painful scream. It ran down the tunnel alerting the rest of cave's inhabitants that there were intruders inside their cave.
    "Yes, I've got it!" Santana shouted a few steps away from Lance.
    Lance sheathed his dagger and reached down to pick up his bow. The orc was nearing the end of the tunnel that looked like it led to a rather large open room at least that's what it looked like to Lance. Along with the orc's scream he could hear more orc's shouting in their orcish tongue. From the shouts and commands Lance could hear that there was a few more than handful.
    "Lets let them come to us!" Chrom shouted
    "We'll catch them in this smaller tunnel!" Lance said and Isabeau moved ahead of him.
    "Annie!" Lance shouted looking back at Annie who didn't seemed to be please to be in this kind of situation.
    "I've got your back." Lance said patting Annie's back as she moved past him.

Two orcs charged down the path axes ready and blood lust in their eyes. Annie met the first one as it launched a downward chop with it's ax. Annie parried with her longsword the blade of her weapon stopped the ax underneath the ax head. With her hammer in her other hand she was able to swing at the orc's open side, but at the last moment the orc lower it's other arm landing the hammer blow on it's left arm and not the left side of it's chest. The creature screamed and pulled back it's ax grunting and puffing in pain it shuffled back a few steps it's left arm hanging limply at it's side. Annie didn't let the moment slip past her with a quick thrust of her long sword she threw out the orcs ax hand wide and with a downward chop of her war hammer on the orc's head it was quite dead.
    Isabeau faced off against the second orc as she feinted a low stab for it's gut but shifted her sword into an upward slash that had the orc confused slashing open it's guts and chest. It fell back quiet death. Almost instinctively Isabeau was able to deflect an arrow from an orc archer. There were more orcs coming. Two archer's, two ax wielding orcs, an orc wearing a robe that Isabeau guessed to be a shaman and a relatively big orc following the shaman. More arrow's soared at Isabaeau and Annie. Isabeau was able to dodge the arrow it land a few steps behind her. Annie wasn't as lucky as it an arrow barely hit her clipping her left arm. She winced in pain as the cut wasn't deep, but it still hurt.
    “Dammit, Lance! Do something!” Annie shouted as she was able to safely blocked an arrow.
    “I'm trying!” Lance shouted as he took aim for one the orc archers. He fired the arrow but it narrowly missed.
    “Try harder!” Annie shouted as she noticed the shaman to be in the middle casting some kind of spell.
    The two ax wielding orcs were finally close enough to engage in combat with Annie and Isabeau. Annie letting out a battle cry launched a fury of an attack. She parried the orc's ax while she swung down with her hammer breaking the orc's sword arm. Stumbling back the orc was wide open for her long sword to dig into it's chest killing the orc. As she killed the orc she felt some kind of magic come over her. It didn't seemed to have an effect on her body, but it just didn't feel right to her. She noticed the magic had hit Isabeau too. She also heard Tamar starting to cast some kind of spell of her own.
    Isabeau parried an ax swing her blade causing her to enter into a deadlock with the orc, but unlike the orc her back up would hit their targets. Chrom landed a nice blow with his stone bullet hitting the orc in it's right shoulder. The blow made the orc stumbled back a bit allowing Isabeau the perfect chance to stab right through the orc. As soon as she killed the orc she felt another wave of magic fall on her this time it felt like something good was going to happen. But it didn't exactly happen as she thought it would be. An orc archer finally earn a good hit on Annie cutting a pretty deep wound on Annie's left leg. Annie let out a painful scream and Lance ran out in front of her.
    “I've got this!” Lance shouted as he fired three arrows in rapid succession at the orc archer that hit Annie. The first arrow hit the orc in it's left shoulder. The second one hit the orc in it's stomach and the final arrow hit the creature's forehead killing it. The last orc archer return fire of his own, but the creature had lost it's morale and didn't take the proper time to aim and it's arrow hit the wall instead.
    Lance once again fired three arrow's one after another. The first arrow missed the orc, but the second arrow hit it's chest and the third arrow hit the creature's neck. The large orc was dangerously close to Lance, but he didn't seem to care. Isabeau was about to charge the orc when an orb of light flashed in front of her startling her a bit. The orb hit the creature and it stumbled back a bit waving it's hands in front it's face as if it couldn't see anything.
    “I want to play with magic too!” Santana shouted from behind the group. Isabeau smirked as she charged the creature and with a powerful swing of her blade she took the orc's head from it's body.
    The shaman after seeing what the party suspected to be it's leader die seemed to lose all it's taste for battle and started to run the other way, but Lance was to quick to kill it with an arrow to it's back. With the shaman dead the battle was over.

“I hope your happy, Lance.” Annie said as she was sitting on the cold ground as Chrom examined her wounds.
    “What?” Lance asked staring down at his friend with concern on his face.
    “You brought us to this place and look at what you did. You got me hurt.” Annie said and Lance let out a sigh.
    “Don't pull all the blame on him it was mostly a group decision to go into this cave.” Chrom piped in as he put his hand above her wound. Annie just stared hard at Lance which made him feel really uncomfortable.
    “I'm telling you going into this cave was going to be horrible mistake.” Annie said and Chrom started to chant some words and a light glowed over her wound.
    “That's not true!” Isabeau shouted when she couldn't take Annie berating Lance anymore.
    “Lance made the right decision leading us into this cave. We slayed the evil creatures who attacked the caravan and found the majority of the goods the caravan had.” Isabeau said pointing to the goods that the orcs had piled up in the back of the cave room near an entrance that seemed to go father into the cave.
    “We helped the people of Easthaven. We did good.” Isabeau said firmly.
    “And if Lance wants to do more good we should go father into the cave and find the rest of the stolen goods.” Isabeau explained.
    “Yes lets go get ourselves killed Lance.” Annie spat at Isabeau who ignored the fighter's comment.
    “What do you say Lance? Want to do some good in this world?” Isabeau asked with a smile on her elegant face.
    “Yeah I do.” Lance said with a rather cheerful smile on his face. No one noticed the jealous look Annie gave to Isabeau.
    JuliusBorisov