Skip to content

different Outfits?

josefa0210josefa0210 Member Posts: 2
edited August 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
a player should be able to wear outfits like commoner, or my favorite BODHI, or have a sexy outfit for female warriors,

Comments

• WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    There are videos around of people who've used Near Infinity to change their character's avatar and paperdoll to, popularly, Irenicus.

But for it to be an option to change your appearance is only possible within very small boundaries (e.g. changing a fighter's appearence to a mage's appearence). To change your character to Bodhi for example would not work without redrawing entirely new artwork.

If you want to play around with the game, download Near Infinity, which is a fantastic editor. With a little elbow grease you can learn how to use it, but it's not something I'm good at yet.
  • Ulfgar_TorunnUlfgar_Torunn Member Posts: 169
    There will be no new sprites for BG: EE, so unfortunately this wish cannot be fulfilled, except as proposed by Ward.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    Does anyone know if they're using the paperdolls from BG1 or BG2?
  • PhyraxPhyrax Member Posts: 198
    @Mortianna: I believe they will be using the BG1 paper dolls from 1PP.
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    edited August 2012
    I enjoyed playing as a chicken.
    - Isn't there a rabbit sprite as well? so you can run around hasted, chunking people like in Monty Python.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    It would be nice to be able to pick a different class sprite, though. For those with a favorite, at least. Sort of a side arrows under the image when you're coloring your character.
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    Sure would be nice to be able to select what you want. I hope the devs have overheard these wishes, as I recall there were some other threads requesting this as well - seems to be popular.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808

Sure would be nice to be able to select what you want. I hope the devs have overheard these wishes, as I recall there were some other threads requesting this as well - seems to be popular.

Agreed. It's why I didn't open a thread to whine for it. I'd love the feature, but didn't want to start a thread that will have duplicative arguments and, essentially, accomplish nothing. :D
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    @Moomintroll You own son. A++
  • KonabugaKonabuga Member Posts: 135
    Aenor said:

Multi-class characters should be able to select which sprite/paperdoll they'd like to use. Being forced to look like a Fighter when playing a stealthy Fighter/Thief just pisses me off.

Agree with this. The thing that put me off from dual classing a fighter to a mage, was that the character couldn't wear those awesome robes. Well, he could wear them, but they didn't show on him.