Skip to content

Need confirmation, Bard's Luck song has the same effect as Luck with regard to Hit Rolls?

ZyzzogetonZyzzogeton Member Posts: 526
Particularly, making recepients incapable of performing Critical Misses (since a natural roll of 1 will be Lucked to natural 2) as well as increase the Crit range to 19? (or 18 if they crit on 19 already)

Comments

• ZyzzogetonZyzzogeton Member Posts: 526
    Somehow I still end up with critical misses

So I'm guessing Luck's effect doesn't apply to the natural roll
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    Too bad. So I guess it's the same for critical strikes?
    That'd mean it only matters in terms of THAC0.
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    A rolled 1 is always a miss. Even if you have buffs and a THAC0 of -45, a natural 1, is a natural 1, it always misses. Likewise a natural 20 is always a hit. Certain weapon styles can cause you to critical hit on a 19-20, but a rolled 19 can still miss.
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    I'm pretty sure in the IE games, a critical hit always hit, even if it is a 19 critical hit roll (single weapon style / Two handed weapon style).

The same way the HLA Critical Strike makes all your attacks for the next round critical hit, it also makes all your attacks in the next round 100% accurate.
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    Gotural said:

I'm pretty sure in the IE games, a critical hit always hit, even if it is a 19 critical hit roll (single weapon style / Two handed weapon style).

The same way the HLA Critical Strike makes all your attacks for the next round critical hit, it also makes all your attacks in the next round 100% accurate.

I didn't know that. You, sir, get an insightful. :P