Skip to content

Erase Spell from Spellbook

limaxlimax Member Posts: 14
Could there please be some sort of warning for if you accidentally click this, like 'do you really want to do this', or could you not put it right next to the Done button to close the spell description? I just very nearly permanently erased haste from my spellbook and while I probably wont do it again it seems like it's currently very easy to do if you're not paying attention. I can't remember if it was like this in the original IWD.

Comments

• AcridSyphilisAcridSyphilis Member Posts: 129
    Seconding this request I accidentally messed up my own book this way. While I like the option to delete, having a second are you sure button would save a lot of suffering
  • ParadoxParadox Member Posts: 31
    LOL

Are you two the reason takeaway coffee now says "Contents may be hot"?
  • SpungiSpungi Member Posts: 219
    Can't see what a missclick has got to do with a warning for something that obvious.
    You've never missclicked anything?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2014
    Paradox said:

LOL

Are you two the reason takeaway coffee now says "Contents may be hot"?

If you can believe it I've seen this actually now on tupperware (or at least on one of its competitors products). Even though they are just selling an empty container.

Still, on a small screen like a tablet or a phone I can very much see the two buttons being close together as being an issue. So I'm not sure the comparison is a fair one.

Anyways, Jalily answered the question. You can also do this in BGEE and BG2EE.
  • ParadoxParadox Member Posts: 31
    Spungi said:

Can't see what a missclick has got to do with a warning for something that obvious.
    You've never missclicked anything?

Its a commentary on the Cotton-Wool Society where everyone has their hand held and everything has a multitude of warnings on it to protect us from ourselves.
  • baldurskjdbaldurskjd Member Posts: 67
    edited November 2014
    My favourite one. Warning do not stop chainsaw with genitals. Wish I could find that pic again.
  • limaxlimax Member Posts: 14
    Jalily said:

Options -> Gameplay -> Feedback -> Enable Confirmation.

Oh, thank you.
  • OskyyOskyy Member Posts: 14
    On the other hand, remember that if you have all the spells you can in a lvl of spells, you can try using a concentration potion that raíces your intelligence and then you can add some more spells to an already full lvl in your spellbook. Try this before deleting. (I know the post aims to a different direction, but I thought it was worth to point this out)