Skip to content

#7182 Bug with Hexxat/Dorn quest TOB (help?)

wasnewasne Member Posts: 4
edited November 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
Okay so I just cleared WK with the 4 new NPC's plus Wilson (:D) as my party.

I tried to go to the Oasis and this triggered Dorn's encounter with the Planetar. This was weird in itself since Dorn (who is now a fallen blackguard) talked as if we were romancing, although I had rejected him in SoA and am currently romancing Neera.

Anyway, I took the portal to Lumia and this triggered Hexxat's dialogue:
"This is no place for my kind, CHARNAME. Let's get this done quickly before my flesh burns off my bones."

I click end dialogue and then she takes a small amount of damage, and immediately repeats the line. This keeps happening and eventually she gets to 1hp but it keeps repeating. I tried killing her, and she keeps saying it, I tried using the pocket plane but as soon as I go back she starts over again. I also tried taking her cloak on and off but it makes no difference.

Anyone encountered this/know how to resolve it? All I can think of is kicking her out for the duration of the quest and picking her up again afterwards, but I'd prefer not to resort to that if possible.

Thanks!!

Edit: trying to play through now without Hexxat, I now get a dialogue with Ur-Gothoz, suggesting he is still in control of Dorn, although I believed I had defeated him back in SoA. Anyone know if this is intentional, or if he isn't supposed to be there, which would make more sense?
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I think you are missing a global there (for the Ur-Gothoz thing) I'll call @Jalily since I haven't reached ToB in my BG2:EE run (I'm in chapter 3).
    Oh, and the Hexxat thing I can't help, gonna see the trouble when I reach ToB (I'm using both Dorn and Hexxat, besides Neera, Viconia and Korgan, Fighter PC).
  • BonusStageBonusStage Member Posts: 3
    To add to this I have done the following and found out something even worse, I'll go through what I've tested and where I stand, and why I'm incredibly annoyed by this as a whole unfortunately.

1) Let her die:

You can take off the cloak and let her go to zero, she bugs a bit heading to the coffin but indeed the "Empty Casket" becomes "Hexxat's Coffin" inside of "Dragomir's Respite" and it would see to be fine.

For whatever reason though you're on a timer where she will just exit the coffin (never tried sleeping in Lunia, I imagine it's just as hard to sleep in there as it is to Quicksave, which is only possible at random intervals from what I've seen) and then proceed to turn into a cloud and leave.

2) Defeat the dragons and get out before this happens:

I have not been able to do this at all, I have defeated the dragons and had her pop out soon after and had her leave during the dragon fight itself.

If she's just randomly in some place I just don't know when she does this as a failsafe, do tell, but the Fate Spirit didn't seem to say that she was someone I could summon.

3) Hope the dragon trigger bugs:

50% of the time I have done this I have had the dragon trigger not go off and simply have it go back to the Planetar handing out the Tyr necklaces (forget the name)

Great right!? This would mean I could just exit before the timer and rest like normal and she'd be back! Who needs the silly old Silver Dragon Armor for Dorn (even though it's arugably the best armor) anyways?!

Incorrect, you I have slept after this and she revives, turns into the cloud and leaves. I have even attempt to pause and put on her cloak and some other armor and try to "talk" to her or have you do move commands and she still doesn't fail to trigger, "peace out" mode and leave the party, again unable to be Fate Spirit'd back into existence.

I have also ATTEMPTED to talk to her and have her leave the party temporarily, but the conversation seems to go either a) Ok, I'm sorry come back, or b) Leave forever, I hate you and never want to see you again. No option c) Stay here for a bit.

Now, if I'm doing the dialogue wrong there and that's a simple fix until this is patched, that's fine, but this is basically ruining my ability to continue my play through because I have not seen her final quests and the new content is why I bought this game, all of it, not portions depending on which bugs decide to trigger.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited January 2014
    This should stop Hexxat's repeating dialogue:
    C:SetGlobal("OHD_dorninitial","OH5500",3)
    If you need instructions on using the console, see here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/24795/hotfixes-workarounds-and-how-to-activate-the-console

Ur-Gothoz is speaking from the abyssal blade he was bound to when you defeated him (see the sword's description).
    Post edited by Jalily on
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @BonusStage that is the BEST armor for sure, not only a good one, it is the BEST armor in the game.
    I was purposefully being sarcastic there :), it was just that I was to the point where I didn't even care at that point and yet my bugs continued :(.
    Not to be a stickler, because your help @Jalily was what I needed, but since it had been so long since I'd used the console I forgot to have the "C:" at the start and was freaking out thinking I had put in something wrong for like 5 minutes.

Always assume people are dumb :), that's why they're on help forums after all!
  • wasnewasne Member Posts: 4
    Okay thanks everyone, in the end I just left Hexxat in the pocket plane and picked her up again afterwards, didn't cause any problems with her quest later so I guess that was the simplest option.

Yeah I just ignored Dorn's romance thing, good to know it's a known bug anyway.

*SPOILER*
    I just finished my playthrough, my only disappointment was not getting to see Noober's event, it didn't trigger for some reason. Oh well, I had a good chuckle from just getting the option to inscribe his name in the book of retribution anyway :) and also Wilson's ending was great <3
  • maleficemalefice Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I'm facing the same problem as described by BonusStage, but I can't get the console to work even after disabling multiple languages. Can someone help me resolve the issue by entering the above console command to stop Hexxat's repeating dialogue? Thanks!
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
  • maleficemalefice Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Gate70! I'll give it a try when I get home this weekend.
  • to be honest, all the changing of files for playing a game is really not my thing.. when i had the same problem i came up with an alternate solution though: go to pocket plane, set team ready at the exit and hexxat on the other side and reform the party. before hexxat reaches your character to talk you can exit the pocket plane back to where you came from and do the quest. hexxat will be waiting for your return in the pocket plane ;-)