Skip to content

Your single favorite character

I am getting ready to do my first fun with IWDEE, haven't played the game since my first run through when it was initially released oh so long ago. I was wondering what your favorite single character was to play? I don't have time to do too many playthroughs so just curious what character you really enjoyed being?

Comments

• LaVoixLaVoix Member Posts: 7
    I love my elven archer. So much death-dealing, even with all the skeletons about.
  • JLeeJLee Member Posts: 650
    I have a party right now with an archer, a vanilla bard, and an avenger. I can't really say which one is my favorite, they are all great. If pressed, I'd probably go with avenger, but I'm glad to have all three.
  • MrGoodkatMrGoodkat Member Posts: 167
    If you're going for a solo run I would definitely recommend Fighter/Mage/Thief.
  • dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    JLee said:

I have a party right now with an archer, a vanilla bard, and an avenger. I can't really say which one is my favorite, they are all great. If pressed, I'd probably go with avenger, but I'm glad to have all three.

Seconded. Druid spell selection is unbelievable.
  • BawooklesBawookles Member Posts: 9
    I love sorcerers and I love monks. Monks are going to be a challenge in this game because they don't really get good until they are 12th level or higher. I'm still playing them though!
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Sid, my Vanilla Bard, who leads her party wielding a dagger, a crossbow, and her lute.
  • CutlassJackCutlassJack Member Posts: 493
    Swashbuckler. Always Swashbuckler.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    It's hard to pick a single favorite in a party-based game. I love my barbarian, because she kills everything and tanks improbably well. I love my bounty hunter, because there's nothing like a thorough trapping to ruin someone's day. I love my totem druid, because when the going gets tough he's always got a trick up his sleeve to pull us through. I wouldn't really want any of them on their own (except maybe the totem druid), but with the rest of the party around them, they're fantastic.
  • GlorenBronzebeardGlorenBronzebeard Member Posts: 45
    Dwarven Defender till the end... the art of defense is a skill worthy of mastering...
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    LaVoix said:

I love my elven archer. So much death-dealing, even with all the skeletons about.

This so much. My elven archer is a goddess in any battle... until she runs out of arrows. After my "little" venture through Dragon's Eye, when I got back to town I bought a ammunition belt and around 400 arrows to ensure she wouldn't run out anymore.
  • WelkinWelkin Member Posts: 14
    Will have to try an archer next time, I've always like dedicated range attackers but have tended to use fighters.

Really liking my druid and mage/thief but still can't go past Vandal the Half-Orc Fighter/Cleric

• AlketirAlketir Member Posts: 6
    Well, my vanilla bard does quite a lot of work, either casting his decent repertoire or spells, or simply just singing one of the many useful songs. Although he tends to be there for the song, I like to think he's (musically) leading the party.