Skip to content

IWD:EE (PC) - Corrupted Save...?

Something went terribly wrong in my play through ... I was doing Vale of Shadows; did it slowly, killing 1-2 monsters at a time from one side of the map to the other, saving as often as I could (but via the Quick Save). But when I got to the east end of the map, I realize that I lost all of the explored map on the west side (where I started) as though the fog of war was set back in place and all the monsters reset!! Well I still get loot from them on top of what I already received from the first time round but I didn't really want to do it all over again. So after that and after clearing a couple of crypts I decided to head back to Khuldahar but as I exited the map, only two locations were left - Easthaven (which I couldn't reach), and the Vale of Shadows!! Khuldahar and the other places were COMPLETELY GONE!! I did most of my saves for this run in one or two save files but they were both like that!!

Did I do something wrong here, or did the save file get so corrupted that I had to start all over again??

Comments

• SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    Sounds like your game is lost. You could export your characters and import them into a new game. That way you will start will all your equipment and experience so that it won't take so long to catch back up to where you were.
  • vitaravitara Member Posts: 3
    Thanks. Well at least I wasn't too far from the starting line of Easthaven so that shouldn't be too bad... I wonder if I could restart using the same characters on a different platform, say Mac?
  • macomeaumacomeau Member Posts: 80
    Yeah, you can port characters/saves between versions. You just have to put them in the appropriate folders on your various devices.
  • vitaravitara Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the tip!!