Skip to content

Orrick's items

Hi! I'm new here and this is my first time playing Icewind Dale. What a great game it seems to be!

I have problem: I read somewhere that Orrick should be getting new items to his stock after first chapter, but I'm already at chapter three and done the Dragon eye, but still no new items for him. Have I done something wrong or what might have caused this?

Comments

• SigleafSigleaf Member Posts: 22
    Did you scroll down? his list populates at the bottom
    jackjackWandering_Minstrel
  • AkiguchiAkiguchi Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2014
    Okay, as I don't know about programming or such, is there any workaround for this? I know about the console commands, but don't know what to do with them. Or could I edit something with the EEkeeper (which I have used for minor things on my party)? Thanks for the responses!
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Well, I'm pretty sure you'd need to activate the debug line in the baldurs.ini file, then follow the instructions that @gate70 posted in the thread I linked, to reset the variables for the shop.
  • SigleafSigleaf Member Posts: 22
    Alternatively you could painfully just add those items he sells to your inventory and if you wanted you could delete the gold as to simulate you paid for them?

Shimmering sash is around 15k gold, and the rogue's cowl is around that too.
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    Shimmering is more around 20K I think :)
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    There's a 15% Hassle Discount.
    jackjackElrandirrufus_hobart
    I tried to reset the variables for the shop, but no matter what did, I couldn't get it to work. I got the next (third?) patch of items to appear, but not the second one including Shimmering sash. Maybe I'll give up and do as Sigleaf said. ;)
  • ZeratulZeratul Member Posts: 575
    Orrik keeps telling me that i don't deserve his premium items, but i have checked and i have available the shimmering cloack.

I'm missing some other good items?
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    edited November 2014
    In EE Keeper you could find global variables for CHAPTER and UNIORRIK

If you need the sash and are beyond chapter 3, set CHAPTER to 3 and UNIORRIK to 0. With that edit, speak to Orrick. After you've traded, edit in EE Keeper to set CHAPTER back to the original value. UNIORRIK should be at 1 by that point.

If still stuck, attach a save and tag me (unless another kind soul here is happy to oblige).
    Thanks
    jackjack
    edited November 2014
    @gate70 For some reason (when I check the global variables in EE Keeper) there isn't UNIORRIK variable, only CHAPTER 3. How can it be missing and should I add it there?
  • schreierschreier Member Posts: 79
    When do need to visit? I ran into this last playthrough, so started over. Just talked to Arundel after killing Lysan and talking to Kresselack - no upgrade yet. I even bought something just to be sure (do you need to just talk, or actually buy something?)
  • macomeaumacomeau Member Posts: 80
    @schreier‌ The first store upgrade isn't until chapter 2 starts.
    jackjack
    Got it .. so after I get to dragon's eye ... thanks
  • MrGoodkatMrGoodkat Member Posts: 167
    edited November 2014
    Uhm... I think I didn't get any of the store upgrades. Is there a way to just replace his inventory so that he has *all* items available in every chapter? I want to avoid this issue in future playthroughs.
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    edited November 2014
    @MrGoodkat‌
    Gate70 said:

In EE Keeper you could find global variables for CHAPTER and UNIORRIK

If you need the sash and are beyond chapter 3, set CHAPTER to 3 and UNIORRIK to 0. With that edit, speak to Orrick. After you've traded, edit in EE Keeper to set CHAPTER back to the original value. UNIORRIK should be at 1 by that point.

If still stuck, attach a save and tag me (unless another kind soul here is happy to oblige).
    Thanks

You can also review this thread:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/36744/10532-all-orricks-store-should-upgrade-even-if-it-wasnt-visited-in-chapters-2-or-3#latest
    @Sylvus_Moonbow: Thanks, but I meant is there are an actual file that I can replace so that his inventory always has every item in every chapter in every new game that I start.
  • TheCoffeeGodTheCoffeeGod Member Posts: 618
    edited November 2014
    MrGoodkat said:

@Sylvus_Moonbow: Thanks, but I meant is there are an actual file that I can replace so that his inventory always has every item in every chapter in every new game that I start.

Technically, yes.
    You'd need to download Near Infinity or another Infinity Engine editor.

Then you find Orrick's .sto files ( specifically kuork0.STO KUORK2.STO KUORK3.STO )
    Then add the Items for sale contents from the KUORK2.STO KUORK3.STO files to the Items for sale contents in kuork0.STO file.

I haven't actually done this myself to any progressive stores, so I'm not exactly sure how this will affect the progression coding later, but that edit should probably work.
    Post edited by TheCoffeeGod on
    With android, you're just SOL right?
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    schreier said:

With android, you're just SOL right?

Not sure how the Android version is coded, but if you can access the same files you should be able to replace them the same way you do on PC. Have you looked at the file system?

Obviously this probably doesn't work on iPad because Apple doesn't want you to do anything to files on there ever in any way, shape, or form.
    edited November 2014

MrGoodkat said:

Technically, yes.
    You'd need to download Near Infinity or another Infinity Engine editor.

Then you find Orrick's .sto files ( specifically kuork0.STO KUORK2.STO KUORK3.STO )
    Then add the Items for sale contents from the KUORK2.STO KUORK3.STO files to the Items for sale contents in kuork0.STO file.

I haven't actually done this myself to any progressive stores, so I'm not exactly sure how this will affect the progression coding later, but that edit should probably work.
    Hmm... ok, thanks. I don't know much about coding, but is there maybe a way to remove the progression altogether and just make it a store that has one complete inventory for the whole game? Or would that be even more complicated?

Btw. I'm not sure if I understood the dev posts correctly. Does the bug only occur if you *don't* trade with Orrick in Chapter 1 or is there always a chance for the inventory not to update correctly regardless of what you do?
  • RedrakeRedrake Member Posts: 426
    I also encountered this bug. I'm at Dragon's Eye now and Orrick's Store contains the items from the first store with only 3 spells added (Mordekainen Force Missiles, Lance of Disruption and another). Not the new items like Wand of Freezing Death or Rogue's Cowl. And for the record I did trade with him in the first chapters, bought spells, Girdle of Gond and Clasp of Bron's Cloak.

JuliusBorisov
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    MrGoodkat said:

Btw. I'm not sure if I understood the dev posts correctly. Does the bug only occur if you *don't* trade with Orrick in Chapter 1 or is there always a chance for the inventory not to update correctly regardless of what you do?

Chapter 1 is fine, it's in Chapter 2 that you need to trade with him. And I believe you don't actually have to do a transaction with him, just looking at his inventory should be good enough.

jackjack
    Belanos said:

MrGoodkat said:

Chapter 1 is fine, it's in Chapter 2 that you need to trade with him. And I believe you don't actually have to do a transaction with him, just looking at his inventory should be good enough.

No, is not. As I said, it updates only with 3 spells. Not with the whole array of items and spells like it used to do in the original game.
    jackjackJuliusBorisov
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Another way to do it would be to have 3 separate stores accessed through conversation.

"I would like to see your low level spells"

"I would like to see your mid level spells" (only appears after chapter 2 starts)

"I would like to see your most powerful spells" (only appears after chapter 4 starts)
    elminsterRedrakejackjackJuliusBorisov
    Fardragon's option is the best, I think. Future mods might add more items to his inventory. When I made my mod I added on his last store almost all the items that never made it in the final version of the game (Boots of the Forgotten Ones, for example).
    JuliusBorisov
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Actually, is not that hard to modify the triggers. I took a look at the AR2100.bcs and is simply a matter of adding some items to the list(s).
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    edited December 2014
    modify the area script so all the triggers are true when you first walk up in there that's all the mod would need.

Then all the things will be added to the main store even if there were some mod added ones to the third store or whatnot.

edit:

maybe not, I looked at AR2100.bcs

IF
    Global("UNIORRIK","AR2100",0)
    GlobalLT("Chapter","GLOBAL",4)
    GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",1)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    SetInterrupt(FALSE)
    SetGlobal("UNIORRIK","AR2100",1)
    AddStoreItem("KUORK0","SPWI319X",1,1)
    ... etc add buncha more stuff

@Redrake
    How did you add something to the third store? It's only one store and the stuff is added via script, isn't it?
    Post edited by smeagolheart on