Skip to content

Thieving Mod for IWDEE

elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
Basically all this does is replace the SLTSTEAL.2DA file with the one used in BGEE and BG2EE, meaning that potentially you can now steal bracers, belts, weapons, ammo, and cloaks off neutral or friendly targets. Additionally it changes a flag on the rings of fire resistance that both Orrick and Oswald are wearing so that they are now droppable (aka stealable).

To install just drop the two files in the zip file into your override folder.

RavenslightAbelRAM021jackjackJuliusBorisovlolienSCARY_WIZARDT2avdok0zhivagoThrasymachus

Comments

• AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    I'm curious about this. Is the difficulty level subtracted to the Pickpocket score to determine the chance of successfully stealing?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Abel said:

I'm curious about this. Is the difficulty level subtracted to the Pickpocket score to determine the chance of successfully stealing?

No clue. I believe the numbers are minimum thresholds you need to reach, but after that I don't know.
    JuliusBorisov
    edited November 2014
    I understand why they might not have included the changes to IWDEE (I assume it was for balance reasons) but I figured people might like it all the same :)
    RavenslightjackjackJuliusBorisovlolien
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    it must have been envisioned that the evil path meant that you went around towns killing everyone and looting their corpses instead of buying stuff.

i'm playing with an evil party but haven't thought of that. guess i'm not really that evil on the inside.
    elminsterAbellolien
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    edited November 2014
    realllly dumb question...

where is the override folder for Icewind Dale? I think I may have accidentally installed it twice (with the preload and then again) but neither location has an "override" labeled folder

also, thanks so much Elminster for a cool mod
    JuliusBorisovlolien
    depends what is your OS? Are you running through beamdog, steam, etc
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Beamdog of course! haha
    JuliusBorisovjackjacklolien
    edited November 2014
    If its windows then you can make a folder for it here

C:\Program Files\BeamDog\Games\00798 (the location will probably vary depending upon if you have 32 or 64 bit operating system)
    booinyoureyesJuliusBorisovjackjacklolien
  • pdwalkerpdwalker Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2014
    and on Mac OSX?

Would it be /Applications/Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition/Game Data/00799/Overrides ?

Edit: nevermind. Information is here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/18508/override-directory-locations
    lolien
    Yep that is right
    jackjacklolien
  • AudacesAudaces Member Posts: 57
    I dropped the files in my Override folder and what happens now is that Orrick has a wand of paralyzing and a potion of absorption, Arundel has nothing, and Oswald has five potions. No rings of free action, no rings of fire resistance... is this intended? I assumed yes (to eliminate early availability of strong magic items), but I'd like to make sure.
    edited November 2014
    Just to be clear this sets the values needed as the same to BGEE and BG2EE. So you'll need 60 in Pickpocket to remove rings.

AMULET 80
    ARMOUR 0
    BELT 80
    BOOTS 0
    CLOAK 80
    GAUNTLETS 80
    HELMET 0
    RING_LEFT 60
    RING_RIGHT 60
    SHIELD 0
    FIST 0
    AMMO1 50
    AMMO2 50
    AMMO3 50
    AMMO4 50
    MISC1 50
    MISC2 50
    MISC3 50
    INV1 10
    INV2 10
    INV3 10
    INV4 10
    INV5 10
    INV6 10
    INV7 10
    INV8 10
    INV9 10
    INV10 10
    INV11 10
    INV12 10
    INV13 10
    INV14 10
    INV15 10
    INV16 10
    SUMMONED 0
    WEAPON1 95
    WEAPON2 95
    WEAPON3 95
    WEAPON4 95

JuliusBorisovlolien
  • QueegonQueegon Member Posts: 363
    Why can you pickpocket your other PC's weapons, but none from the NPCs running around?
  • billygreatbillygreat Member Posts: 66
    It seems that the Longbow +4 Hammer cannot be PP from Emmerich the werewolf ranger in HOW.
    edited November 2014
    If an NPC has two weapons on them then you could pickpocket the weapon they aren't wielding. But I don't know if there are any npcs that this would apply to.

In EMmerich's case you should be able to get his finest long sword, since he probably is using his bow.
    lolienjackjack
  • QueegonQueegon Member Posts: 363
    Works on PCs though. I stole a hand-held crossbow from my archer.
    elminsterlolienjackjack
This discussion has been closed.