Skip to content

though on main char pick

While it easy to build op party in MP mode, those who want to stick with the story should pick on normal playing mode. when this said, i got a strong feeling that its kind of narrow the pick which you can take, mainly if u are old player and know what d u want with BG 2 and TOB. We all know the old op combos, but i would want to challnge you, with a question - do you have an interseting race/class to try?

Comments

• ShandoShando Member Posts: 147
    i was thinkin about a druid, i always had a feeling they are kinda hm take secondry side in the game.
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    Kensai are always a fun challenge throughout the entire saga, as are monks. Monks are especially challenging to get through the first game with, where their stats are horrid and their weapon options are limited (and their fists can't hit anything worth a crap).

Cleric/Thieves are another combo I'd suggest anyone wanting variety try out at least once.
  • CedeosCedeos Member Posts: 47
    I like to go with a blade. That was really the most fun play through I had. Played him from original BG1 (as a vanilla bard) to the end of ToB.
    He feels a little weak at the beginning but halfway through SoA he has so many interesting options without feeling overpowered like his kin the fighter/mage.
    I will do another play-through with the blade in the EE as I can now choose the kit right from the start in candlekeep.
  • AutarAutar Member Posts: 3
    I agree on the druids. The ultimate challenge is wildmage.
  • dreamriderdreamrider Member Posts: 417
    A Wild Mage that gets through the first game is a powerhouse.
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    Wild Mages are great, but definitely not for a first-time player. Mages and Clerics in general I wouldn't recommend for anyone who doesn't know what the spells do in practice and whether or not they're useful.
  • ShandoShando Member Posts: 147
    hm, but Cleric support spells can do great for begingers, first heals,revive,aid,remove parl, etc.
    can figure those things kinda fast (:
    for bards - hm, the bard as a jack of all is bit problemtic for me, its a diffrent type of game style, but i prefer shadow dancer over his role.