Skip to content

Ahh, Lonelywood

One of the highlights of replaying IWD is the chance to revisit Lonelywood. I think it's one of the most successful areas in the whole BG/IWD group.
I love the artwork: the frosty, spiky trees, the pale watery shadows, the building interiors from the mayor's fine house to Purvis dirt shack.
I love the soap opera lives the inhabitants lead, and their high mortality rate.
I think the bleak, marshy burial isle is very atmospheric.
And, of course, the music. It's a bit grand, but very escapist. It's up there with the best in the series.

I'm actually on Amber Dunn's side. As much as Lonelywood is great to visit if I had to live there I'd be getting pissed every night too.
AristilliusjackjackJuliusBorisovCalmar

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2014
    I wish there were more areas around it that you could go to. Especially the forest areas (aka the Lonely Woods) that get talked about by the townspeople.
    jackjackJuliusBorisovVarwulf
  • LiggLigg Member Posts: 187
    elminster said:

I wish there were more areas around it that you could go to. Especially the forest areas (aka Lonely Wood) that get talked about by the townspeople.

That's a mod waiting to happen.
    jackjackJuliusBorisov
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    I love the place! So much mystery, so many secrets. The place really captures the atmosphere of remote wilderness. :)
    jackjackVarwulf