Skip to content

Nym's cache

Has anyone ever found the place where Nym, the scumbag drow merchant, allegedly stores his merchandise? I haven't gotten to the Svirfneblin village in IWD:EE yet, but I remember fruitlessly looking for Nym's treasure in my previous vanilla play-throughs.

Comments

• moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    That's the first I've ever heard of that. I doubt there is anything to find.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211

The Secret of Nym...

Right in the childhood...

• TvrtkoSvrdlarTvrtkoSvrdlar Member Posts: 353
    edited November 2014
    @Calmar

From a purely balance perspective, murdering shopkeepers and looting tens of thousands of gold worth of items would surely throw your game completely out of whack.

If you want the items so bad, it's really not that hard to cheat them in via the console.

But to be completely honest, it'd be fun if someone made a mod that allowed the player to kill merchants and loot their stuff! 3:)
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688

From a purely balance perspective, murdering shopkeepers and looting tens of thousands of gold worth of items would surely throw your game completely out of whack.

If you want the items so bad, it's really not that hard to cheat them in via the console.

But to be completely honest, it'd be fun if someone made a mod that allowed the player to kill merchants and loot their stuff! 3:)

I never said that. As said in the posts above, there is rumour in the deep gnome village that Nym has a secret storage. I was curious where that place might be, but obviously it's indeed only a rumour and nothing more.
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    I heard he fed a bag of holding with his secret stash to a squirrel...but that's only a rumor.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Delvarian said:

I heard he fed an acorn of holding with his secret stash to a squirrel...but that's only a rumor.

Fixed that for ya!
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    I heard that squirrel chasing after the Acorn of Holding is actually what caused the avalanche at the beginning of IWD...