Skip to content

Suggestions for my 1st party

Well, I've just downloaded my IWDEE for iOS and starter thinking about a good party composition.
After reading some threads here I've decided for something as follows:

Undead Hunter
Dwarven Defender
Archer
Totemic Druid
Bard
Berserker->Cleric
Fighter-Thief

Ops, there is something wrong...7 chars? Te ah that's the problem...I'd like to play them all but there no space. What do you suggest? If only a thief wasn't needed...

What if I sacrifice DD for a dwarven fighter-cleric?

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2014
    I'd probably ditch the Undead Hunter. You are already going to eventually going to have access to cleric spells anyways through the berserker->cleric.

Alternatively you could ditch the berserker->cleric and fighter/thief and instead get a Cleric/Thief (multi-class).
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    edited November 2014
    If that's your first time playing IwD, then Bard and Druid are essential =] Then Archer is really great and you need some kind of Thief. So that leaves 2 slots and 3 characters whose can be frontliners. I like Paladins and Cleric is also a must-have, hence I would kick DD. But that's just my own very subjective preference ;)

Another thing, I assume you will play on Core rules, so no extreme powergaming would be required - go with what you like most =D After all it's your game and you are the one to have fun from it!

EDIT
    @Elminister‌ 's suggestion about Cleric/Thief is also really nice idea in case you really want to keep UH and DD
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    Ciao @Fregasega‌
    You already have many melee fighters, but the berserker-cleric is the only one able to gain grand mastery, so I'd ditch the DD (the undead hunter is more versatile).
  • superliminaldudesuperliminaldude Member Posts: 27
    If you're taking a druid, I would do Fighter dualed to druid or an Avenger instead of Totemic. Shapeshifting is far more useful (and fun!) in Icewind Dale than it is in BG.
  • WaystedWaysted Member Posts: 3
    @superliminaldude Unless you are in HoF, then the totemic druid is awesome! (unless the summons don't scale HP).