Skip to content

Before you go to Severed Hand.....Spoiler

RedViiperRedViiper Member Posts: 48
Assuming your playing a non-Good character. What is your motivation to do this. Since your deal with Arundel was you help him and he fixes the path back to East-Haven.
Post edited by RedViiper on

Comments

• ResterianResterian Member Posts: 4
    The dialogue option as he dies is along the lines of 'kuldahar can burn for all I care' but you still have the problem of being trapped in the North. Sitting on your arse waiting for Kuldahar to get destroyed definately won't solve problem, whereas going to severed hand does have the potential to solve your problem. I haven't finished the game but so far being an evil character seems to boil down to 'if I don't do what the druid says, I'm screwed.'
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    edited November 2014
    Your motivation is your mighty quest for epic loot.
    CaptRoryNimranJuliusBorisov
  • RedViiperRedViiper Member Posts: 48
    Seems to me. In that situation though, that you could go straight to the Temple in Kuldahar and tell them that if they want your protection that you would now be Mayor of the town or something. Or at-least from a Lawful Neutral, Chaotic Neural or Lawful Evil standpoint. Then get a discount or some free stuff from the shops.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Yeah, seriously D:
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    @Dee‌ edit topic name?

As for why, didn't you get swarmed by Orogs sent by a cackling crazyperson that STOLE from you? I mean, maybe you sere going to keep the Heartstone after letting Arundel use it. Also, if Kuldahar freezes, you sre stuck in the most inhospitable locale in Faerun with no food/trade coming. Self interest is a solid motivation, regardless of alignment.
    CaptRory
  • RedViiperRedViiper Member Posts: 48
    Hjollder actually gives you another option. I guess if your only motivation is self interest in the form of getting out of Kuldahar, you take Hjollder up on his offer and then proceed on to heart of winter.
    elminsterjackjackFrond
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    RedViiper said:

Hjollder actually gives you another option. I guess if your only motivation is self interest in the form of getting out of Kuldahar, you take Hjollder up on his offer and then proceed on to heart of winter.

Sure, trade one suicidal quest for another. Choice is good!
    jackjackRedViiperthe_spyder
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Sceptenar said:

RedViiper said:

Sure, trade one suicidal quest for another. Choice is good!
    Hjolder's quest doesn't SOUND too suicidal... but yeah, Remorhaz. :/
    RedViiper
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Actually, the severed hand is south of the mountain range, with nice temperate weather. The only thing that prevents you go further south is the end of the worldmap. Looting the elven tower for artifacts might be fun, but going back north surely isn't. Try something warmer, like the Anauroch desert (Luremaster), i heard there is loot in that old castle too.
    ShikaoRedViiperelminster
  • by_the_swordby_the_sword Member Posts: 42
    The chance to plunder an ancient elven citadel would motivate me. Also, the chance for revenge against the mastermind behind all these inconveniences that I have suffered would be a fine motivation for an evil character.
    Shikao
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511

Actually, the severed hand is south of the mountain range, with nice temperate weather. The only thing that prevents you go further south is the end of the worldmap. Looting the elven tower for artifacts might be fun, but going back north surely isn't. Try something warmer, like the Anauroch desert (Luremaster), i heard there is loot in that old castle too.

Should add Luskan to the southern edge of the map. If you go there you get an alterantive ending with Kuldahar abandoned to it's fate.

Storm of Zehir did something like this.
    jackjack
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    I love failure-state stories, too bad they're usually too complex to properly put into video games.

Would love to see a version of IWD where I just run away; or one where I go "sure, why NOT have a demon take over?"; or one....